42nd Highland Infantry Regiment "Black Watch" at the Battle

Here is the place to show off the progress on your figurines and dioramas.
SteveSki
Advanced Member

Re: 42nd Highland Infantry Regiment "Black Watch" at the Bat

Post by SteveSki »

Three’s a Charm. Piper Finished.

Here’s the line up so far with the piper finished this morning. Nothing has changed in the process other than the fact that I had to fabricate the mouth piece twice. Yes, twice! I couldn’t tell yah were the original went, but my first fabricated mouth piece made a distinct ”ping” sound as it flew from my tweezers right at about the time I was installing it, HA! The carpet monster refused to fess up with it, so I had to make another one. So goes life in the bunker.

The piper will set aside with the rest of the growing crew as I begin working the Flag Bearer.

Image Image Image Image

If you see anything I may have missed, sing out, I’ll get after it right away. Thanks for watching.

Cheers, Ski.
Give Blood, Play Rugby, cause everyone knows football is for wimps!

Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Damn that's really impressive figure painting!!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
SteveSki
Advanced Member

Post by SteveSki »

Thank you, Medicman!

SteveSki
Advanced Member

Post by SteveSki »

Trying to get into the bunker has proven futile lately with outside work taking precedence. There is rain on the horizon this coming weekend, yehaaa! Funny, we spend all summer to get ready for winter and all winter wishing for summer, hmmmmmm,.......

I'll update as soon as possible, Gents :wink:

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Steve, your piper looks superb, as do the other two accompanying figures! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: I hear ya about real life getting in the way of bench time. Some days or weeks there is just never enough free time available to do what we plan for at the bench. :hmm: But unless you have a time deadline such as an up coming contest, it’s all good. :wink:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
SteveSki
Advanced Member

Post by SteveSki »

Ya Buddy, you are correct.

I'm thinking if I spread out my outside work, I can at least get some bench time every day, but we'll see. This is actually the first year ever for bench time in the summer, so I am happy for that if nothing else. When the momentum is rolling, I'd like to keep it rolling, but we'll take what we can get. :wink:

SteveSki
Advanced Member

Post by SteveSki »

Flag Bearer Finished

Finally, I can show some progress and close out the Flag Bearer. Bunker time has become a premium lately due to summer work, but we do what we can, right?

You’d think after painting four tartans by now that they would have been the toughest part, but working these long socks was no walk in the park. I had to redo the right sock twice while trying to keep the pattern straight as it wound around the leg. I sure do appreciate all the others to come, they’ll be a piece of cake, lol.

Using the methods and techniques mentioned before this figure moved along much quicker, minus the socks. He really doesn’t have a lot of detail to him, but the right side of the flag had to be tackled. That wasn’t as difficult as before either. There are a few areas I thought were a bit off, but you’d really have to look closely to find them. So, I’m calling this figure done.

Image Image

I aplauogize for the poor photos. Trying to capture the flag with the figure will be handled differently when the final pics are taken. For now, this figure is in the curio cabinet safely tucked away until the base and weathering are done.

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Thanks for watching. Cheers, Ski.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

:shoutout: simply fabulous work!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Stunningly beautiful work! Wow!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
SteveSki
Advanced Member

Post by SteveSki »

Thanks, Guys! I feel like a heal posting but not really participating. Outside work has taken hold and it can be frustrating, as yall know. Must be why I love the winter time so much, HA! Plowing snow with a fine Maduro cigar and the tunes cranked is nothing but a joy.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow,........................... :giggles:

Return to “Work In Progress: Figures and Dios”