Aircraft of the Kentucky Air National Guard

To discuss future builds, build planning for the future, time travel, etc. Our meeting next week was well attended.
Stikpusher

Re: Aircraft of the Kentucky Air National Guard

Post by Stikpusher »

LyleW wrote:But, I have a couple of 101s in the stash. Maybe some parts swapping would work.
Kitty Hawk makes one in 1/48

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/kitty-h ... h--1148328

I know that Kitty Hawk went away for awhile, but they are supposed to be coming back so…. :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

That could be a long wait, Stik.

The seller accepted my offer. The “J” is headed my way. If/when they are done, with about a 33” wingspan, I have no idea where they will go. May be wall hangers...
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

C & H made an RF-101C resin conversion for the Monogram kit. It's a pretty good set, but I don't think it's still in production. I sure wish Kitty Hawk had gotten the intakes right.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Looking more and more like we are SOL on getting this. I even called the guy at C&G, a Mr. John Carlton in Murfreesboro TN. Sadly, he sold the rights and all the "stuff" to a Mike Moore who has done nothing. Wah wah. John seems to be a really nice guy. He was happy to chat and still serving in uniform in the TN guard...not a federally controlled unit. He described it as more of a "militia", but all on the up and up. He is 77 years old.

He told me that the KYANG likely flew the G/H models as well.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..

Return to “Future Builds”