Sweetie

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: Sweetie

Post by Duke Maddog »

I agree John, I only got to go to one Tamiyacon and yeah, that was quite the experience. I guess I'm fortunate that I never get AMS when planning for an IPMS contest; I just keep building and bring what I've built since the last contest. Great fun! After all, I gotta lock in that Fifth Place!

They all love me at contests because I fill the tables...at least when I can afford the "Duke Surcharge" as I call it. That's when they allow a certain number of entries in for free (typically three) and charge for each one after that. Entering twenty models can get expensive! :headbang: :whiteflag: :giggles:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Come on out to Modelzona and enter sometime Mark. The club could use the money… :giggles:

:tease:

:wink:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I would love to Carlos! Unfortunately, I don't have any either! :whiteflag:

Not to mention the cost of room and board.... And I do love buying in excess of 20 raffle tickets to increase my chance to come home with something, but you know the rest.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Stikpusher wrote:Image

:tease: :wink:
Well yeah. I gotta place somewhere with my aircraft. :giggles: I always enter the contests at our model show just cause I want to. I know that most of the time, I'm not going to place with any of my aircraft. Now I have been surprised and have two 1st place, two second place wins and none of them are aircraft. Me and my wife always joke that I have never placed in the aircraft catagory even when that's what I build 99% of the time. I try my best with my builds and if they place great, if not, no biggie. I always have fun and that's all that matters to me.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”