Selling a house is stressful and demoralising

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Selling a house is stressful and demoralising

Post by scorpiomikey »

Mine and my sisters house is currently on the market. Its been nearly 2 months now. Its so stressful having to keep it in perfect condition all the time. The little tweaks to make it more appealing that make it so inconvenient.
And watching people come through every weekend and say "Its too pricey" or "We're not interested" or putting in insultingly low offers. Its so demoralising.
Just felt the need to have a bit of a whinge. Sorry.

Heres the link to the listing if anyone is interesting in moving to NZ.

https://www.tallpoppy.co.nz/homes-for-s ... D=TPMM6726
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
Floki
Elite Member

Re: Selling a house is stressful and demoralising

Post by Floki »

We're in the opposite right now, we are looking to buy. Every house we've been interested in we ended up getting outbid. People are wanting insanely high prices for stuff. Last one we bid on the people wanted $180000, we offered $145000 someone else offered $150000 and offered to wave the inspection and they got it.

The house looks very nice, I didn't see what you was listing it for. I know in my area that house being in town surrounded by neighbors would probably go for around $135000
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

It is nuts here. Our granddaughter and her betrothed jus bought a house in a not so great area for 165K, I think. We bought ours four around 270K in 2005. Last appraisal was around 500K and probably higher now.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Sounds like a completely different real estate market in NZ compared to the USA. Here, if a house is on the market for two months, it has to have substantial problems. Houses get snatched up real quick, and often with buyers trying to out bid each other above asking price.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Here in Naples. Condos are going $400k +. Even small houses are over $500k. So glad I bought mine when I did. Couldn't afford it now
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

$260k....pffft look at some of the houses in my area -especially in more desirable areas/school districts. There are some mansions like homes going for $1 million and up.

I do agree, the housing market is incredibly insane especially during the pandemic. Oh yeah, let’s not forget - the interest rates are high too.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Post by scorpiomikey »

We are asking $465k which is well below the median in our area.
The place in front of ours sold for $680k and its smaller than ours. A place up the road sold just before we listed for $580k.
Seeing $135k for a house shocks me a little. The last time i saw a house go for those prices was the mid 90's. My Mum sold our home for $140k in 1996. Its now work close to $700k.
Because of our weak dollar and the weird stresses on the housing market houses cost way more than elsewhere.
Hell our mortgage is more than what you guys have been mentioning :lol:
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Try SoCal pricing! Actually AZ housing prices are on the rise as well.
Thanks,
John
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Having just gone through it I feel your pain - from getting the house ready to actually moving out took us 16 months...

Just take it as it comes,and try to stay chilled - It'll happen eventually!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

I couldn't imagine going through this in today's market. You're right too, selling cars is bad enough but a house?? I understand lowballing a little, but I swear that some folks just think that sellers lived under a rock their whole lives and would jump at the opportunity to take "bottom dollar" (and take it in the shorts).

Return to “Free Discussion”