‘57 Chevy Cameo

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
LyleW
Admin

Re: ‘57 Chevy Cameo

Post by LyleW »

That has never, ever happened to me! :whistle:
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

LMAO!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Back to square one. :headbang: Looks like I’m going to have to make my own custom firewall. :bored:

Started using index card as rough template starting with the top section, then another for the middle section, and finally the lower bottom section. I then taped each template section together to see how it will look.

Using scrap sprues as braces to hold the angles of each section from behind the firewall is being considered for a solid hold. This process idea will hopefully allow me to create sort of a rounded bend in each section.

The middle & lower section will have be measured to accommodate the transmission. This process will involve a lot of creative work to build a cowl of sorts wide enough and square or round enough to fit around the transmission. Not looking forward to that. This project going forward will be slow going. There will be times I’ll put it away for awhile and move on to a different project.

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

This one is getting sidelined for now. I'm itching to start something new after the Kingfisher kit is done.

mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Awww cmon Tom!! It was all just getting interesting brother!!!
Brandons_Iron
Advanced Member

Post by Brandons_Iron »

Well, I just read this one and was getting all excited and poof, shelf of doom. It's like going to prom and leaving at the end of the night only to here "my parents want me to come home NOW". :headbang:
BrandonK

If you can't fix it with duct tape, you're not using enough duct tape.

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”