Replacing Model Master paint......need advice

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: Replacing Model Master paint......need advice

Post by Duke Maddog »

Keyda, at least around here Hobby Lobby doesn't have any of the Model Master line, but does have the small square bottles in sets. They are also carrying the larger bottles of Testor's Brush Cleaner and Airbrush Cleaner. I just picked up five more bottles to go with my three and a half I still have.

I didn't find any rude people there though despite the mob, thank God. I did get some awesome decorations and a couple new storage containers to organize my hobby room.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Keyda.... you need to hang around me and watch how I feel with rude people. :giggles:

Keep in mind, I've got my mom's stubbornness and mouth and I'm married into an Italian family with big mouths and attitudes. Even my wife says what happened to the quiet, gentle soul she fell in love with?

I tell her I'm still that guy. It's just stupid and rude people that keeps pissing me off. ROFLMAO!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

I'll tell you, I've actually witnessed a fist fight in a supermarket on Christmas eve, over the last something or other.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Well, it is the Season of Giving Stuart. As in, "Hey, give me that last ham or I'll black your eye!" :lol:
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

That's about it. The really funny thing was the Christmas music playing at the time - 'tis the season to be jolly...'
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

You’ll shoot your eye out kid

Ho… ho… ho
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
keyda81
Advanced Member

Post by keyda81 »

Duke Maddog wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:33 pm Keyda, at least around here Hobby Lobby doesn't have any of the Model Master line, but does have the small square bottles in sets. They are also carrying the larger bottles of Testor's Brush Cleaner and Airbrush Cleaner. I just picked up five more bottles to go with my three and a half I still have.

I didn't find any rude people there though despite the mob, thank God. I did get some awesome decorations and a couple new storage containers to organize my hobby room.
Maybe it's just where I live, lol. I come across at least a couple of rude people at every store I go in. Which is why I try to avoid doing so. I use Walmart's pick up thing a lot. I was in there before Halloween looking for something, and it had been quite the stretch before that since I had set foot in there. Last time it was a rude ass cashier. She scanned the big package of paper towel I had put on the belt with the hand held scanner, so I grabbed it off the belt and threw it in the cart. Apparently she didn't like that, and gave me a look. I didn't notice, but my daughter did. I thought I was doing her a favor, she was rather over weight, sitting in a chair, and if she did get up she took several minutes to pull up her pants that were falling down. :headslap: I really don't tolerate rude people well. The second someone gives me any kind of unwanted attitude my own attitude goes from 0 to 100. Hubby can set me off just accusing me of having attitude when I don't. He does it on purpose though, lol.
BlackSheep214 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:15 pm Keyda.... you need to hang around me and watch how I feel with rude people. :giggles:

Keep in mind, I've got my mom's stubbornness and mouth and I'm married into an Italian family with big mouths and attitudes. Even my wife says what happened to the quiet, gentle soul she fell in love with?

I tell her I'm still that guy. It's just stupid and rude people that keeps pissing me off. ROFLMAO!
I don't have much tolerance for stupid people either, no tolerance at all for stupid drivers. Another reason I hate leaving the house. I come across several of those just picking up my kid from school.
Stuart wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:43 pm I'll tell you, I've actually witnessed a fist fight in a supermarket on Christmas eve, over the last something or other.
Only thing I witnessed, and it wasn't around the holiday season was two people in the middle of a Tops parking lot arguing about race, god, and the illuminati. I wasn't going to join in on that conversation. I contemplated telling them they shouldn't be in the middle of the parking lot, but figured it best not to engage at all, and kept walking.
Gary Brantley wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:46 pm
Stuart wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:43 pm I'll tell you, I've actually witnessed a fist fight in a supermarket on Christmas eve, over the last something or other.
Well, it is the Season of Giving Stuart. As in, "Hey, give me that last ham or I'll black your eye!" :lol:
Glad I have my carry conceal. Anyone tries to harm me with physical violence they are going to meet my little friend.
Stikpusher wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:08 am You’ll shoot your eye out kid

Ho… ho… ho
Gotta love the holiday season......not. I might make it to hobby lobby tomorrow. The kid wants to go out and do some shopping. I'm forced to return a picture frame I bought as a gift and picked up the other day at Walmart. It has broken glass. So unfortunately I have to go in the store. Hobby Lobby is right next store, so I might as well kill two birds with one stone.
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

keyda81 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:22 am

Glad I have my carry conceal. Anyone tries to harm me with physical violence they are going to meet my little friend.

I hear ya. A pistol is always in my "travelin' bag" and out of town trips include a rifle too. Better to have and not need than to need and not have. :wink:
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

double dog ditto on this. I do not go into Louisville unless i have to. and I have to more than I like. While I have never been in a situation that needed a weapon, the craziness is moving out closer and closer to our county, one south of the county that Louisville is in.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Gary Brantley wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 8:44 am
keyda81 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:22 am

I hear ya. A pistol is always in my "travelin' bag" and out of town trips include a rifle too. Better to have and not need than to need and not have. :wink:
Gary, do you have a pick up truck with the rear window rifle rack? :hmm: :giggles: In Louisiana, there was usually at least a .30/30 and a .12 gauge in the rack.

Keyda, sounds like we may have some common DNA from way back by your character traits regarding suffering fools that you described… :whistle: :giggles:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Modeling Discussion”