A veteran of two World Wars

Guns, knives, bows, weapons in general.

NO Politics, None of the stuff we don't allow in other areas. Be nixe.
Stikpusher

Re: A veteran of two World Wars

Post by Stikpusher »

Gary, call me paranoid, but I’m not too keen about posting photos online of my personally owned firearms. Even the ones that I own that are “old collectibles” such as those.

But I will show you the tools of the trade that I was carrying overseas. One brand new issue M16A4, broken in by me at Ft Lewis, :grin: and one slightly used M9 :wink: Along with a few other items and the basic load of mags & ammo

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

I understand completely. To each his own my friend! I like that photo however-tools of the trade indeed! Is that an Aimpoint sight on the '16?
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yes, Aimpoint makes the M68 red dot sights we were issued. A wonderful piece of gear, I’m a big fan of the item. Nice adjustable light settings so compatible with all sorts of outdoor/indoor light situations, and even with the NVGs on my K-pot. I preferred the PVS-14 monocular that I was originally issued, but I had to give it back and got the 7’s there.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

What a wonderful story about this cool little pistol! I too wonder what my mil-surp rifles might have seen. My M1 Garand came from the CMP the paper work on it shows it was a Marine weapon and was issued to the 1st Marine division 1942. I also have a K98k 1941 and Czech 8mm Mauser 1943 along with a Walther P38 1942.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Thanks Clint! Those are interesting weapons, and yes, probably did see plenty action. We are better off not knowing, I believe. :wink: I'd love to see your collection Clint, got any pics you'd share?
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall

Return to “You'll Shoot Your Eye Out, Kid”