Happy HEMI Day!

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
keavdog
Elite Member

Happy HEMI Day!

Post by keavdog »

Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
LyleW
Admin

Re: Happy HEMI Day!

Post by LyleW »

Took me a few ticks…

Right back at ya!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

And to think we missed out on Happy 409 Day!
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

The baddest engine ever
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

I'm confused. That picture doesn't look at all like a 426 "Street" Hemi; it seems much more like the big Chrysler "wedge" engine, ie. the 440. But, did the wedge ever have the cross-ram with two four barrels in 426b cubes? :hmm: What's goin' on in that pic, John? :grin:
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

I might as well wish all a happy "Rat Day" too, jes' for today! :wink: :lol: L-88s forever! :grin:

https://www.motortrend.com/how-to/ccrp- ... 27-engine/
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Oh wow you're right Gary... I googled and saw 426 on the valve cover and snapped it up. Dead give away is the plug wires. Nice catch! I should have said happy wedge day as it too is a 426 :giggles:
You could get the max wedge with the cross ram. Found this blurb regarding the max wedge

"If you wanted the real drag racing weapon, you had to specify sales code 09. You got the 426 with two carbs at 13.5:1 compression and rated at 425 horsepower and 480 pound-feet of torque. "

Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

keavdog wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:36 am Oh wow you're right Gary... I googled and saw 426 on the valve cover and snapped it up. Dead give away is the plug wires. Nice catch! I should have said happy wedge day as it too is a 426 :giggles:
You could get the max wedge with the cross ram. Found this blurb regarding the max wedge

"If you wanted the real drag racing weapon, you had to specify sales code 09. You got the 426 with two carbs at 13.5:1 compression and rated at 425 horsepower and 480 pound-feet of torque. "

Now, that's a Hemi! :grin:
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

John, when I was in high school, a local man, a well-to-do rancher had a couple spoiled sons. The eldest was given a '69 Dodge Charger with the 426 Hemi engine. It was dark green with a black vinyl top. Well, that guy blew up that Hemi and his dad ordered a new engine through the Dodge dealer here. A friend's dad worked there as a mechanic and he and I went there after school one day to look at that engine, sitting all crated up, on the garage floor.

That rancher's son had some mental issues and later took a shot at a Deputy Sheriff, sent to pick him up for evaluation. The deputy thoughtfully just shot the gun out of Dan's hand instead of shooting him dead. Dan's response to that? "Godd*mn, good shot!" :lol: His family rightfully hid or otherwise disposed of his other guns, including a nickel-plated Colt Python .357 magnum. That Python sat in a cardboard box, on a shelf in an old wood barn for 20 years or more. It was then given to a friend of mine, looking like this:

I suggested to my friend Joe that he have the nickel removed and then have the pistol parkerized in order to hide some of the extensive pitting. We took it to Randy Kline, a great gunsmith and great guy in Jacksonville, Texas, for the work. It came back looking like this:

:grin: The great old classic was given a new lease on life with a cool, purposeful look! My friend Joe is sadly now gone, but his memory and his Python stays with me now.

Return to “Free Discussion”