Okay, Interesting for me.

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
LyleW
Admin

Okay, Interesting for me.

Post by LyleW »

Okay, this is a conversation (brief) on my posting of the PT- 20 on FB. This guy, David, is a long time acquaintance and is big into Bullitt County history, etc. I will likeliy try to meet him for lunch in the next few days and see what they have. The space isn't very big- looks to be only a display case. So scale may have to be below braille scale. But, anyway, we will see.

Would any of you guys be interesded in providing something once we figure out what he is after?

David
You’ve made some mighty nice models! Perhaps we can talk you out of a couple for our Bullitt County History Museum military memorial displays sometime. 🙂

Lyle Willis
i appreciate the compliment! My stuff looks great at 8-10 feet…up close? Meh. Old hands and eyes. But, what do you have in mind? I have friends…

David
Lyle Willis : lol. Looks good to MY old eyes. 🙂
I don’t have any particular ideas, really. We have a display case remembering several wars, with a feature on WWI, for example. Maybe a WWI plane hung from the top of the display. And then on the other s… See more

Lyle Willis
okay. let me cogitate on this.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Re: Okay, Interesting for me.

Post by Stikpusher »

Depending upon what they are looking for, I might be interested in helping out.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I am going over there next Thursday. We shall see.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Stikpusher wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:33 am Depending upon what they are looking for, I might be interested in helping out.
:P1:
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Only thing I have WWI I'd be willing to donate (I have two subjects total so...) is a 1/16 US Marine
Thanks,
John

Ain't no reason to hang my head, I could wake up in the mornin' dead.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I am loaning them a Bell 47 helicopter, A-10 and a UH-1 Huey. I may take a Sherman or something. David really has no clear ideas on what he wants to present. Nice guy, but...

His wish list includes a couple of WW I biplanes. I would guess a Fokker Tri-plane and either a SPAD or Camel - ones that the general public would recognize. Those may have to be build here. Not sure that I'd ask anyone to trust shipping something like that. I may also attempt the B-26G for the other major a/c accident that occured.

Here are a few pictures of their area - it is 2-3 rooms at the old courthouse.

This is the "military" display so far.

This one has the artifacts from the F-100 Thunderbirds crash

Here are some things from the early 1940s. A radio is playing the news of the Pearl Harbor attack

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Is Ft Knox around the area? If so, that was the home of US Army Armor Branch until a few years ago… lots of subject matter there.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

They are. About a 45 minute ride from where I live. BUT, they moved the armor school and much of the museum to Ft. Benning a few years ago. From what I've heard, the museum is a shadow of what it was. One of my favorite memories of the place was taking my mom and the (much younger) kids out there. Great time.

Return to “Free Discussion”