Happybirthday,Stuart!

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Stuart
Elite Member

Re: Happybirthday,Stuart!

Post by Stuart »

Thanks Gents - much appreciated.

I got a little bit of plastic, Revell's newish 1/72 tooling of a BAE Hawk T.1 (in a Red Arrows scheme) and Tamiya's 1/700 HMS Hood (and E-class destroyer). Both of these come off a couple of books I'm reading - the History of the Red Arrows and the history of the Battle of the Atlantic.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

cbaltrin wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 11:33 am Happy Birthday! May the fleas of a thousand camels NOT infest your stash! I don't know why I said that...
Its better then his armpits
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Stuart, those sound like some great birthday gifts/scores! The Hood with the E class Destroyer sounds very cool!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Happy Belated Birthday!!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Medicman71 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:03 pm Happy Belated Birthday!!
Thanks Mike!
Stikpusher wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:07 am Stuart, those sound like some great birthday gifts/scores! The Hood with the E class Destroyer sounds very cool!
Thanks Carlos.

I'm currently reading a book about the Battle of the Atlantic and got to bit about the Bismark, so it seemed like the thing to do. I thought I'd have a go at building the e-class destroyer first to see how I get on, and then do the Hood and the HMS Ark Royal I have in the stash, hopefully followed by the Bismark itself - just to see how big it is. There are all waterline kits - I'd like to have a go at making water bases.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Stuart, I built the Italeri 1/700 or 1/720 HMS Hood back before I was an adult…. Such a beautiful ship! I also built the 1/720 Revell HMS Ark Royal with Tribal Class destroyer kit, so I see where this is going. And it’s somewhere good 😉
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Stikpusher wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:21 am Stuart, I built the Italeri 1/700 or 1/720 HMS Hood back before I was an adult…. Such a beautiful ship! I also built the 1/720 Revell HMS Ark Royal with Tribal Class destroyer kit, so I see where this is going. And it’s somewhere good 😉
:grin: It's something to do with leaving by the sea I think, it's making me really want to build a ship or two. I did think the little e-class would be a good place to start.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

The sea can have that effect. Especially if you live near a naval base, or an area where warships cruise within sight of the shore.

FLSM

Return to “Free Discussion”