Monogram 1/48 F-84F

Stikpusher

Re: Monogram 1/48 F-84F

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks guys!
cbaltrin wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:38 am Looks beautiful Stik. Did the kit come with the RATO bottles or is that extra?
Good eye Chris! Those came with this kit. This build ended up being strictly OOB, aside from lead weight inside :wink: I even used the kit decals… 🤨
LyleW wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:20 am a real beauty! The scheme is great.
I was going to use some AM decals, but this scheme grew on me, so I went the red route…
keavdog wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:09 am Looking great. Beautiful airplane - right there at the goal line!
John, to my eye, this aircraft is like a 50’s hot rod, beefy & built for speed.

Well one quick session this morning and I got all the last bits finished… woo hoo!

I’ll get more photos up this afternoon… now to knock out that Hornet…
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
cbaltrin
Master Member

Post by cbaltrin »

Nice clean build of a classic combat jet Stik! 👌 :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
Big Joe: 'You just keep those Tigers busy and we'll take care of the rest.'
Oddball: 'The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me...'

My Stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... 53&p=stash
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Well done Stik. That articulated canopy just seals the deal on the F model for me. Unique and extra interest. She turned out great!
Thanks,
John
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Chris and John, thank you.

Chris, the aircraft is certainly a classic design. Not the best in its time, but it sure filled its new unique niche of long ranged tactical nuclear strike better than any other of its contemporaries.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

A real sweetheart!
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks John. My appreciation for this aircraft type sure developed and grew during the research and build of this project.

FLSM

Return to “W.I.P. Monogram Mafia”