The Duke's Mafioso Contribution...

Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Re: The Duke's Mafioso Contribution...

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

This kit is a struggle. I did one a bit ago, I think a slightly different version and it was all sorts of twisted and misaligned. Took a bit of work but these cars are stunning when put together. Good work so far, I can't wait to see the fruit of your labour.
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

An extra U from Canada :giggles:
Thanks,
John
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Well, this one is making me nervous because I have two similar Monogram car kits, the Packard Boattail Speedster and a 32 Cadillac Dual Cowl Phaeton. I pulled out the Packard and it looks pretty good as to warps in the body and sub body/fenders, but they sure did mold them in thin plastic. The Packard has really nicely done wire wheels.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Declan thank you. Yes, this one is definitely giving me my money's worth! I do hope I can get it done. I really want this off my workbench!

Thank you John Kdog!

Thank you John Eaton! With your skills, I think you'll have a better time than I have. I've mostly been focusing on getting the paint smooth and shiny which is my weakest skill. That is why the assembly ambushed me so effectively. You got this man!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
cbaltrin
Master Member

Post by cbaltrin »

Looking good Duke --Stick with it!
Big Joe: 'You just keep those Tigers busy and we'll take care of the rest.'
Oddball: 'The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me...'

My Stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... 53&p=stash
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Hang with it!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you Mat! Thank you Lyle! I did a little bit on the roof, but aside from that this beastie is getting a break. Stay tuned, I'll be posting pics of the roof when I get it done.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “W.I.P. Monogram Mafia”