game cam drama

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Fermis
Addicted Member

Re: game cam drama

Post by Fermis »

BlackSheep214 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:31 am My son took up hunting for the first time this year, thanks to my brother in law. Not a single deer shot at but my BiL did get at least 8. Why?because he put my son in a spot he’s never gonna see deer. He stays at his little prime spot and won’t share it. Jerkoff…. :giggles:
I don't understand the greed, that so many have when it comes to deer hunting.
I got my brother into it. I set him up in the best spots for success. The last year we hunted together, he had become somewhat of a monster, and nothing like the hunter I "raised" him to be.
1. We were sitting together in a 2 man tree stand. Had a nice 10pnt come in. It was all his. As it was coming in, I said "if it looks like it's going to get away and you don't have a shot, but I do...I'm going to take it". He caught wind of us and was on his way out..."Are you on him"..."no"..."can you shoot"..."no"...he was two steps from being gone, so I shot.
2. Again, sitting together by a field. 2 deer come out on his side. I'll save the dialog, but I ended up shooting one. At that time, I only had that 10pnt in the freezer...my brother had 4 deer in the freezer and another one hanging in the garage.
Bro bitched about those 2 I got all the following year. (he got 7 that season...I had 2, because I set him up in the better spots)
No more!

I'm happier with someone else's success, than I am with my own.

This season, Carols muzzleloader buck. Her gun wouldn't cock for some reason. I was already aimed at the deer, for a back-up shot, if needed.
We made the risky move and I traded her my gun, so she could get the deer. I would have felt bad if I had shot it.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I don’t understand it myself. And you’d think he would bring him along to his spot to get a chance to bag his first deer kill of the season. Nope.

I even told him I was interested in trying my hand at deer hunting a few years ago. He never encouraged me nor asked if I was still interested. Heck, he never told me I have to take a gun safety course, where to take it, etc… so I gave up. It’s a mute point now since I’ve gotten used to his rejection / ignoring my desire to hunt so I don’t ask anymore. Besides, fishing is cheaper.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

In that case, go find your own spot and cease such time with the dude. It's like 'fish for a man, teach a man to fish". The deer do no belong to him, and if he was a true hunter, he would share his knowledge for when he no longer can provide and its too late.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Free Discussion”