Revell's Sox and Martin '67 Plymouth GTX

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Revell's Sox and Martin '67 Plymouth GTX

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Don't know....

I still can't figure out where I may have misplaced the decal set for this kit.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Brandons_Iron
Advanced Member

Post by Brandons_Iron »

keavdog wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:43 am Was this classified as an FX car?
No, these cars were not Factory Experimental (FX). They were basically stock cars with some delete options "modified" by the racers to perform ever so slightly better. These were as close to a stock factory car as you could get. Not quite pure stock, but really close.

The cars were "B" Modified Production built. So, B is the weight class of the cars. 8-8.99 lbs per cubic in engine size. Then the Modified Production is a production built car "slightly" modified.
BrandonK

If you can't fix it with duct tape, you're not using enough duct tape.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I found the decal set! Dummy me had it placed on top of box of my hobby knife set in the cubby hole. Found it looking for the tail rudders of the 1/72 scale biplane I’ve been working on.

No, I still haven’t found the rudders yet… :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Most likely in a spot I’d least expected to find it. :bag:

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

I do the same dang thing with arbitrarily placing items here and there. I've got ADHD bad and every move I make has to be purposeful or I'll flub up and loose something with it in plain sight. lol

They have medication that I could take for this but I've learned to adapt to it pretty well.

Progress on this?
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

:P1:
mustang1989 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:53 am I do the same dang thing with arbitrarily placing items here and there. I've got ADHD bad and every move I make has to be purposeful or I'll flub up and loose something with it in plain sight. lol

They have medication that I could take for this but I've learned to adapt to it pretty well.

Progress on this?
Not til spring. I've got some orange peel on the trunk area to take care of. I certainly don't want to strip down paint and start over. Just enough to get rid of the blemish.

Thankfully, I've got my newest pencil sander from David Union for the job. I've used it a couple times on other projects and love it.

mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

I've got a similar sander in my arsenal now. Really helps out with injector pin marks in the worst of places on autos....like right there in the corners of the roof right up against the A pillars?

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”