1/48 Spitfire HF VII, Shelf of Doom Save

Post your completed aircraft here.
Stikpusher

1/48 Spitfire HF VII, Shelf of Doom Save

Post by Stikpusher »

So I started this kit back in November 2011 for a Spitfire GB on FSM. Needless to say it did not get finished in a timely manner, and was resumed and sidelined multiple times over the years. A few months ago I decided to knuckle down on this, and this past week I was finally able to get it over the finish line finally yesterday. This is ICM's 1/48 kit, and there are parts in there to make many different variants of the late Merlin Spitfires. The kit includes a nice engine on its mounts, but that is also the kit's weakness, as the cowling cannot be built around the engine. I was able to get the bottom and side panels on, but not the top... This boxing also included a set of ground crew and standing pilot figures, along with a few accessory items. I added an Eduard PE seat harness, and replaced the kit decals with a set from Aeromaster. Paint used were Humbrol Enamel (underside) & Acrylic (topside) for the main colors.

All in all this was a nice kit, and I do look forward to doing another with the engine fully exposed, and adding some plumbing to really dress it up nicely!
Thanks for looking, comments & critiques are welcomed.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: 1/48 Spitfire HF VII, Shelf of Doom Save

Post by BlackSheep214 »

:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

VERY nice indeed Carlos, that looks awesome - you've got a nice pair of Spitfires there! It's really good to see a long wing-tipped version for a change.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Nice job. Interesting Spitfire variant - those wings make it looked wicked. I've never seen that color scheme either.
Thanks,
John
Cherrylock
Addicted Member

Post by Cherrylock »

good job, the ICM is not so easy to build, if you finish the reult are impressiv
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thank you gentlemen!
Stuart wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:04 am VERY nice indeed Carlos, that looks awesome - you've got a nice pair of Spitfires there! It's really good to see a long wing-tipped version for a change.
Stuart, I don't recall ever coming across any extended wing tip Spitfire builds on any of the forums that I frequent. :hmm: Mk.Is, Mk.Vs, and Mk. Its are much more common
keavdog wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:35 pm Nice job. Interesting Spitfire variant - those wings make it looked wicked. I've never seen that color scheme either.
This variant is pretty wicked looking! :wink: When there are no invasion stripes, it is a very low visibility scheme for high altitude.
Cherrylock wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:09 pm good job, the ICM is not so easy to build, if you finish the reult are impressiv
CL, aside from the fit of the cowling around the engine, this kit goes together well enough. I have two more ICM Spits in my stash, and I'm planning to build one with a fully exposed engine, and one with a properly sealed up cowling leaving out the troublesome engine.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Wow! It looks great Stik!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Medicman71 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:55 pm Wow! It looks great Stik!
Thanks Mike. Much nicer than the crusty & dusty half assembled kit that I pulled off of the shelf of doom over the summer... :sad: Man that canopy needed work to clean it up... :shocked:

FLSM

Return to “Completed Builds”