The Duke's First Models for 2024

Here is the place to show of your finished armor products.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

The Duke's First Models for 2024

Post by Duke Maddog »

That's right, these are my first finished models for 2024, and also the accomplishment of another milestone.

First up is Number 896, this is the Dragon 1/72 scale US Marine M103A2 Heavy Tank:

Nothing special done to it, just some light weathering. The next one is Number 897; which is a three-year-old shelf queen that I started when trying to complete the entire available SCUD line of models. This is the 1/72 scale Modelcollect Russian SCUD C:

Next is a more recent model; the Trumpeter 1/72 scale US Army M1132 Stryker Engineer Squad Vehicle coming in at Number 898:

Number 899 is the 1/72 scale Foreart US Army M109A7 Paladin, which also completes the entire line of available Paladins in my scale:

And finally, Number 900 in my Braille Scale Armor and Vehicle Collection is this 1/72 scale Roden British Type B Omnibus Mobile Pigeon Loft:

Once again, this did come with pigeons which you can see here if you look close:

And that is my list of my first models completed in 2024. Now that this milestone has been achieved I will start focusing on my aircraft, ships and other miscellaneous models that I'd been setting aside to reach this milestone. Besides, the boys in the Motor Pool need a bit of a break for awhile!

Stay tuned for another tour soon and also be watching here in the third week of March; that is when I'm arranging to have my entire collection set out on tables to be photographed.

Thank you all for looking in, comments are always welcome!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Re: The Duke's First Models for 2024

Post by Stikpusher »

Those are very nice Mark! I can’t say which is a favorite, although I do lean towards the M103 and the Pigeon Bus. :wink: The Scud, Stryker, and M109 are pretty nice too! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Wow… those got done fast. Good showing, Mark! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Very nice Mark!! I'm kinda partial to the Stryker maybe because I've started the 1/35 version of that one.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you guys! Your compliments are most appreciated! It sure feels great getting all these done!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Sorry Mark, I thought I'd already commented on this.

Very nice work all around, they all look excellent and well done for reaching that Milestone.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you Stuart! No worries man, I am thrilled to have reached my new milestone and can't wait to get everything all set up to take pictures!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Return to “Completed Builds: Armor”