8 Wheeled Duck Hunter, LAV_AD

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
Stikpusher

8 Wheeled Duck Hunter, LAV_AD

Post by Stikpusher »

Over at So Cal AMPS we are doing an online GB of Air Defense vehicles, so this is my choice for an entry. It's Italeri's 1/35 kit, ad I'll be replacing the kit wheels with a set of resin ones from TAC Scale Dynamics.

Yesterday at AZ AMPS I started construction and completed Step 1 and got most of the way thru Step 2...

Stay tuned for more in a few days...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Re: 8 Wheeled Duck Hunter, LAV_AD

Post by Medicman71 »

Very cool!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Nice! :lashed:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Cool subject Carlos, that's completely new to me.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks guys... They cut the production run short and ended up only making something like 17 of these, and phased them out after only a few years in service. I bet with the drone threat now massively growing that somebody is kicking themselves in the rump over that decision. We need air defense assets of this type.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Are you accusing the ''powers that be'' of some short-sighted defence planning decisions Carlos, because they've NEVER done that before :-D

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Not at all… because once the Iron Curtain went down, we had “Peace in our time”… :whistle:

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Did we? I must have blinked and missed that!

:shoot:

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Earlier in this week I finished up the suspension on this beast, and glued the rear plate & upper hull into place. I did leave off the swimming props and rudders until later in the build.

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Well I guess I forgot to update this build after our last build session at AMPS a couple of weeks before... and I have been working at this a bit when I can get some bench time, which I finally have had over the past week...

I have most of the turret sub assemblies built and based paint done onto the turret interior...

and I've added most of the small detail items onto the hull front & rear... I still have the tail light brush guards to add on here...

and I added the pioneer tools from my spares which Italeri neglected to include in this kit... I still need to scratch up some brackets for the tools

a few weeks back I picked up some Mig Ammo non slip paste, so I started adding that to the top surfaces. I still need to do another coat to get the proper texture

and lastly a test fit of all items built so far. I won't be using these tires, except one as a spare stowed on the hull side. I have some nice resin AM tires to use for the rest, but they didn't include a spare...

thats all for now...

FLSM

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”