A freshly hatched Viper from Moebius.

Here is the place to show off the progress of your sci-fi builds.
Stuart
Elite Member

Re: A freshly hatched Viper from Moebius.

Post by Stuart »

Stikpusher wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:08 pm Your image doesn’t show up for me Stuart…

But this young lady (relatively speaking, as she was older than I was back then)

:hmm: not sure what's going on there but yeah, that one :grin: :wub:
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
SigEp Ziggy
Advanced Member

Post by SigEp Ziggy »

Your builds are so fun to watch... :dancing:
Your fellow modeler,
Shane
Eagle-1
Advanced Member

Post by Eagle-1 »

SigEp Ziggy wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:04 pm Your builds are so fun to watch... :dancing:
HA! Thank you! Ain't that what this is suppose to be... according to what's wrote on every box, anyway.

;)

Rob.
Right on the edge... so don't push.
Eagle-1
Advanced Member

Post by Eagle-1 »

The fella's over at the RPF told me that it really needed something done to the recesses on the sides of the fuselage. By "fella's", I mean one fella. Once he pointed out that they now looked plain with some of the other things I've done to destroy this model, I said, "Yeah, it does look like it needs something different.

Different started:

Stock again:

I'll be using this for reference:

Here goes nuthin.

Rob.
Eagle-1
Advanced Member

Post by Eagle-1 »

More holes chopped in the model. My advice to everyone who decides to do this kinda thing to their own Moebius Super-Deformed Viper, that I'm certain you all have in your stash, do this first. I had to tear the model back apart because I honestly didn't plan to do anything to these sides, but the breaking apart of this caused several breaks to occur that I really didn't want!

Can't really leave holes, so I'll be adding something different.

Rob.
Eagle-1
Advanced Member

Post by Eagle-1 »

For better or worser, here's now what we got:

Y'all, this was tough. This is one of those things that, even though it looks rough and I'm not 100% satisfied with it, I better leave it alone because trying to make it any better ain't working, but making it worse works VERY well. Those areas where the slats are is actually cut outs with the fins sticking through a shaped piece of plastic that looks like a skeleton's rib cage before I shove the slats through. Of course, those ribs tried to break loose every time I touched them and the spacing was very hard to try and get the same. One side is ever so slightly different than the other side, but like I said...

I better stop and leave it just like it is.

Good, bad, better or not.

Y'all think it looks any better?

Rob.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Superb detailing!!! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:

Eagle-1
Advanced Member

Post by Eagle-1 »

Whittlin' on a cockpit as I type this, which makes it very tough, because I need both index fingers to do any typing. The cockpit interior should just about wrap the building of this up.

'Bout time for sumthin' to go horribly wrong.

:wow:

Rob.
Eagle-1
Advanced Member

Post by Eagle-1 »

Whittled!

Hey all Y'all! It's me again. Alright, alright, stop grumblin' "Him again" 'cause ya' knowed I was comin' sooner or later, and take a look at the latest. Should be one of the last things before slingin' some paint on this rig.

As seen previous, with opening up them windows, a cockpit would now need to be doodled. Now, even if I wasn't able to do that, I did make some place that looks like it would be one.

For this, years ago, I made some replicas of the seating area of a 1/24th scale AIRFIX Harrier I needed for some studio scale Laser Tanks from Space:1999. Still having a few of those scattered around, I dug a couple out. I had to dig out a couple because I didn't take this picture of it before I cut it all to pieces, so this one goes back in with all the other cast parts, but here it is before destruction.

I really didn't have to make a whole lotta modifications to use most of it and it seems to have fit pretty well all up in that Viper hole. Now, I know this ain't what's in the Viper from the show, but I couldn't actually find much reference for that and I don't think it's major if it don't match. This was just to plug that great big open section of the fighter that would be seen with open windows and this does that.

Installing it inside the model, the fit is very good and will seal up real nice in there and won't let the air get out in the vacuum of space and make the pilots eyeballs get sucked outta his sockets. We know that could happen from Buzz Lightyear years ago, so it's probably true. I know y'all see the tape already stuck on the radar/TV/scope type thingy, but I put some clear in the front of that, so I had to go ahead and paint in there. Of course, I forgot to do that first and had to rip the whole thing back apart which went back together a little wonky, but the wonk is on the back and as can be seen in the pictures... you ain't gonna see that even if you look through the nose grills.

And folks, I do believe that about does the actual sticking of bits together, unless y'all see something else I oughta do?

Give me some critique/comments/suggestions. All are welcome!

Rob.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:

Superb, I do like your detailing work and that cockpit looks excellent.

Return to “Work In Progress: Sci-Fi”