Empire of the Rising Sun Group Build

Member created Group Builds
keavdog
Elite Member

Re: Empire of the Rising Sun Group Build

Post by keavdog »

Stikpusher wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:11 pm Do you have all the A6M5 sub variants… A, B, and C? :whistle:
and the S :ggun:
Thanks,
John
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

I do have the a, b, and c variants, one of my Hasegawa Type 52's has the parts for the a and b and I have a Tamiya kit for the c. Not too sure the S with the oblique cannon has been kitted, but I think it was a field modification of an a or b and I will give up trying to do all the field mods! Also, I have not seen a kit of the A6M6c but it was a development airplane which failed because the Sakae 31 engine it was to use was a failure, and I will not feel guilty for leaving it out. As to doing variants of the A6M5 I could just use Monogram kits because who knows what variant they intended it to be other than one that was fun to build.
My modelling website, with build logs.

http://goldeneramodel.com/mymodels/mymodels.html
cbaltrin
Master Member

Post by cbaltrin »

cbaltrin wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:08 am Here is the current state of CB's Rufe. Dealing with some putty work on the float and wing join areas...
My cowling would not fit right on that cross bar thingy molded on to the firewall --- probably because the right and left halves do not line up...
Problem Solved! I'll just create my own cowl mount alignment ring thingy..

Design:
Print:
Install:
Last edited by cbaltrin on Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Big Joe: 'You just keep those Tigers busy and we'll take care of the rest.'
Oddball: 'The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me...'

My Stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... 53&p=stash
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Oh damn… you’re on a roll now with 3D printing! :shoutout:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

He's got the expensive toys now :giggles: :giggles: :giggles:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
cbaltrin
Master Member

Post by cbaltrin »

BlackSheep214 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:33 pm He's got the expensive toys now :giggles: :giggles: :giggles:
Printer was on sale for the cost of two nice airbrushes 8-)
Oddball: 'The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me...'

keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Started on Frank. Here's a mockup. Not a bad fit considering the age of this kit

Interior is incredibly sparse so I'll most likely stuff the pilot in and button up the cockpit. I want to use this as my second try at hairspray chipping.
Thanks,
John
jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Tamiya has gotten a lot of mileage from that Frank, apparently they are still releasing it, John. It will be interesting to see how it goes.

I can say that this A6M3 Type 22 I am starting on has nothing whatever to do with the Tamiya A6M2 I did before, which dated from the same time as the Frank. It was a trouble free build as I remember, not as well detailed as the Hasegawa Zeros I have built but still a good representation. This one has the detail of a very nice 1/32 kit. So far I am painting small parts for the cockpit and engine, the only assembly is a gun panel added to the bottom of the instrument panel and the seat assembly of four parts including a purple seat cushion added to the aft cockpit bulkhead. Also, the rudder pedals are on the floor, attached to a clear part which accommodates a small window in the floor just aft of the rudder pedals. I'm using the Mitsubishi interior color from Gunze. There is an option for open or closed cowl flaps, I'm going with open.

cbaltrin
Master Member

Post by cbaltrin »

jeaton01 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:23 pm Tamiya has gotten a lot of mileage from that Frank, apparently they are still releasing it, John. It will be interesting to see how it goes.

I can say that this A6M3 Type 22 I am starting on has nothing whatever to do with the Tamiya A6M2 I did before, which dated from the same time as the Frank. It was a trouble free build as I remember, not as well detailed as the Hasegawa Zeros I have built but still a good representation. This one has the detail of a very nice 1/32 kit. So far I am painting small parts for the cockpit and engine, the only assembly is a gun panel added to the bottom of the instrument panel and the seat assembly of four parts including a purple seat cushion added to the aft cockpit bulkhead. Also, the rudder pedals are on the floor, attached to a clear part which accommodates a small window in the floor just aft of the rudder pedals. I'm using the Mitsubishi interior color from Gunze. There is an option for open or closed cowl flaps, I'm going with open.
Yea, that's an amazing kit John. You're gonna have fun with that little thing. :shoutout:

jeaton01
Elite Member

Post by jeaton01 »

Yes I am, Chris. Moving right along here...

Return to “Member Group Builds”