Latest Acquesitions - pt.3

Your new purchase or arrival!
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Latest Acquesitions - pt.3

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Oh wow… never knew MPC did aircraft kits. Very cool find! A great deal on a pair of Mustangs.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
cbaltrin
Master Member

Post by cbaltrin »

MPC Re-boxed numerous Airfix kits (the good ones and the bad ones :giggles: ).
Big Joe: 'You just keep those Tigers busy and we'll take care of the rest.'
Oddball: 'The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me...'

My Stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... 53&p=stash
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

That MPC Profile Series A-7 kit sure brings back some memories... :hmm: Version wise they weren't too accurate, but they did have great decal markings options.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

That's s decent looking haul of goodies
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

cbaltrin wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:55 pm
BlackSheep214 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:55 am Oh wow… never knew MPC did aircraft kits. Very cool find! A great deal on a pair of Mustangs.
MPC Re-boxed numerous Airfix kits (the good ones and the bad ones :giggles: ).

Yeah, I built a whole mess of MPC Profile Series aircraft, I loved their box art! I think there are five I didn't build, but my first ever 1/72 scale aircraft was an MPC Profile Series Folke Wulf Fw-190.......which I still have!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

The Airfix A-7 isn't a bad kit, although lacking in modern detail (the weapons suck) it does have a full intake trunking and the shape looks good. I built one as part of Manny's Airfix Groupie GB back in 2015 - not my best work...

With some AM and replacement weapons it could probably be built up into a really nice model, just watch out for the folding wing option...

Cheers!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
cbaltrin
Master Member

Post by cbaltrin »

Stuart wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:05 am The Airfix A-7 isn't a bad kit, although lacking in modern detail (the weapons suck) it does have a full intake trunking and the shape looks good. I built one as part of Manny's Airfix Groupie GB back in 2015 - not my best work...
And it's one of the few Airfix kits with.... wait for it.... WHEEL WELL DETAIL (if that sort of thing appeals to you :giggles: ).
Big Joe: 'You just keep those Tigers busy and we'll take care of the rest.'
Oddball: 'The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me...'

My Stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... 53&p=stash
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

3D printed Talbot Lago engine and grill

Paints for Italian planes - May start my Macchi Veltro

Thanks,
John
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Ooh MRP, good stuff
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Here's some items that have been gifted to me.

First, from a very generous Canadian, here are 100 3-D printed chairs in 1/72 scale. Some are complete, others will need to be assembled:

One of my fellow Orange County IPMS friends gifted me these and more:

In addition to the above, he also gifted two, possibly three other 1/72 scale P-51D models in baggies,, all complete. I'm planning on keeping the P-38 (it's already started as you can see soon in my next tour) and the egg plane. I'm still debating whether I'll build the P-51B, but all the -D Mustangs I'd like to sell. Anyone want a herd of Mustangs, give me an offer. Try not to low ball me too much though; we are insolvent here and I could really use the money.

That's all for now. I'm going to go prepare for the next Maddog Manufacturing tour now.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Latest Acquisitions”