The case for new SMILEYs...

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
ShadowRyder

Re: The case for new SMILEYs...

Post by ShadowRyder »

A thought or two from a new guy. The smileys aren't really my thing but one item that was touched on that I have thought a little odd in my short stint here is the fact that you have to scroll so far to get to the submit button due to the long list of smileys. Is it not possible to put in some html code for a scroll box for them and define it to the post screens text window height? How involved in the actual coding of the site are the admins of the board?
If you can’t convince them, confuse them.
Sprue-ce Goose
Advanced Member

Post by Sprue-ce Goose »

Manny1943 wrote:
Thomas_M wrote: Same here. Nothing against having more emoticons or smileys here, especially funny ones. If you have some we could easily integrate here send them to Lyle by PM.

But beware: the more there are to select from the less they get used...
I think there are some existing ones we could dispose of while we're adding. I've seen some that never get used...I'll get my people to PM Lyle's people...
Ach !

If what Thomas_M posted about the use of smileys by other forum members is even remotely true, a lot of 'em could be eliminated.
BTW........

Does Lyle even have people?
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

People? People?We don't need no stinkin' people.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Sprue-ce Goose
Advanced Member

Post by Sprue-ce Goose »

:rofl:
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

ShadowRyder wrote:A thought or two from a new guy. The smileys aren't really my thing but one item that was touched on that I have thought a little odd in my short stint here is the fact that you have to scroll so far to get to the submit button due to the long list of smileys. Is it not possible to put in some html code for a scroll box for them and define it to the post screens text window height? How involved in the actual coding of the site are the admins of the board?
PZL66 more that the rest. I'll look around and see what I can find. That has been on my mind for a while, too.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Manny1943
Addicted Member

Post by Manny1943 »

LyleW wrote:
ShadowRyder wrote:A thought or two from a new guy. The smileys aren't really my thing but one item that was touched on that I have thought a little odd in my short stint here is the fact that you have to scroll so far to get to the submit button due to the long list of smileys. Is it not possible to put in some html code for a scroll box for them and define it to the post screens text window height? How involved in the actual coding of the site are the admins of the board?
PZL66 more that the rest. I'll look around and see what I can find. That has been on my mind for a while, too.
Let's get this situation fixed!!!

Spruce, get the Lounge SMILEYS to Lyle in a PM...
Sprue-ce Goose
Advanced Member

Post by Sprue-ce Goose »

:what:

............. ya mean the Tiger and Gatling Gun.....................the smileys that were posted in this thread?
Lyle can just copy 'em into the forum software.................... :whip:
...............unless he needs people to do that............. :sad:
Hey, Lyle !
I hear the US economy is improving. :Shark:
Are ya hiring people this year? :yahoo:
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Probably be down-sizing. Price of kits are going up.
Sprue-ce Goose
Advanced Member

Post by Sprue-ce Goose »

LyleW wrote:Probably be down-sizing. Price of kits are going up.

I sure have noticed that ! :headbang:
Then I guess you will be needing smaller kits............. ;)

Return to “Free Discussion”