Bit frustrated

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Skil Phil

Bit frustrated

Post by Skil Phil »

Due to work have not been able to sit down and relax with my project.
After a day behind a lathe do not feel like more precise work. Need to relax with a drink and some food.
My sister has a toy shop who deals with the importer of Tamiya goodies. So in anticipation of when I get a break I have ordered all the paints, primers, tape that I might need. Getting at cost is a bonus.
Yesterday when doing some work at her shop popped into the bookshop to say Hi to the owner/friend.
There on the counter was a book - 'SAAF Border War' or something like that that someone had ordered. Paging through it - apart from the history - it has pics of all the aircraft used in action by squadron in their different camo and ensignia. He didn't have a another copy so he is getting me one. A nice resource.
Oh well hope to get back when work permits.

Phil
CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Re: Bit frustrated

Post by CallSignOWL »

Skil Phil wrote:Due to work have not been able to sit down and relax with my project.
After a day behind a lathe do not feel like more precise work. Need to relax with a drink and some food.
My sister has a toy shop who deals with the importer of Tamiya goodies. So in anticipation of when I get a break I have ordered all the paints, primers, tape that I might need. Getting at cost is a bonus.
Yesterday when doing some work at her shop popped into the bookshop to say Hi to the owner/friend.
There on the counter was a book - 'SAAF Border War' or something like that that someone had ordered. Paging through it - apart from the history - it has pics of all the aircraft used in action by squadron in their different camo and ensignia. He didn't have a another copy so he is getting me one. A nice resource.
Oh well hope to get back when work permits.

Phil

oof! I know what you mean.

I havent been posting much these past two weeks because of a new job. Its' a bit of a commute as well, so once I get home there isnt much time to do much of anything at all but eat dinner and walk the dog. But at $14 an hour, I couldnt pass it up! :FM:
Every take-off has a landing...some are just better than others
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Commuting 1.5 hours a day (!) feels the same. There is there new project on the bench but powers are low. Thank god it´s Spring and the days are longer so the powers will get more and more!

Phil, I feel your pain. There are days I simply don´t feel to sit on the bench despite having felt the need during the day at work. Try to get this book, get a comfortable chair and relax. When its time to sit on the bench again you will feel it.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Dude, a sister that has a toy shoppe and gets you stuff at cost?! SSSSSSSSS CCCCCCCCCCC OOOOOOOOO RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I feel your pain. I do try to go down to the lair and get a couple of pieces put in place almost every day, even if I don't want to. Food and drink are always a good thing, along with a good book for later. Hang in there.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Yeah next week is gonna be hell for me. I work my 24hr shifts Monday and Wednesday. I have to go to court for a call I was part of on Monday, Wednesday and possibly Thursday. SWMBO is in an art show on Saturday and I have family coming in from outta town on Friday for it.

No bench time for me.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
lawman56
Advanced Member

Post by lawman56 »

I feel your pain. Between work, house remodel and yard work, I'm lucky if I get more than an hour a week at the bench!
Joe

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Return to “Free Discussion”