Airshow tomorrow

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Thomas_M
Admin

Re: Airshow tomorrow

Post by Thomas_M »

Surprised to see there will be a German C-160 Transall military transport aircraft on show! Kentucky must be closer than I thought...
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

See, Thomas? Pack a lunch, hop in the car and come on!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Oh, I wished, my Kentucky friend! Some day, hopefully! :P
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

August 16th weekend of this year, the Thunderbirds are going to be in Rochester, NY. I can't wait to take my son to it. It'll be his first airshow and his first opportunity to see, hear, and feel the thunder of Jet noise: the sound of Freedom. LOL! The last time I saw the Thunderbirds was back in the 80's when I took my wife (then girlfriend) to an airshow at Griffiss AFB. The last time I saw the Blue Angels was in the early 90s.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Sharky, What is even more fun, is that there are people already staking out sites to sit. Then, upon leaving you have the police trying to control that traffic through downtown streets. And with Boston, as well as the recent events here, I'm sure security will incredibly tight. I hope my son doesn't have to work it. Lot's of drunk people.

BS214 - take lot's of picture of you and your son so you will have them to enjoy. We used to have a small, but good airshow at the local general aviation airfield. Took the kids and had a ball! Families are precious.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Lyle - Plan on doing that for sure! First I want to buy a new camera. It's been so long I miss going to airshows. I know there is one locally in June but mot sure if it's one of those R/C aircraft shows or an actual air show. Keeping an eye on the Frankfort airport website.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

are you in KY, 214?

Return to “Free Discussion”