Visit to Mid-Atlantic Air Museum

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Fermis
Addicted Member

Re: Visit to Mid-Atlantic Air Museum

Post by Fermis »

If it makes you feel any better, I saw a TBF and B-25 (among others, Blue Angels included) fly over my house yesterday!

Airshow is about a 20 minute drive away...(and also at the same airport where I got my Instrument rating)...I didn't bother with it this year. It's getting more and more expensive ($35 each, plus $10 for parking), and I've already seen everything they have and then some.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Tojo72 wrote:
BlackSheep214 wrote:By any chance you went to Reading Pa.?
Yes,thats the place
Then that's where they have the biggest airshow every year in June I've been wanting to go for years. WW2 aircrafts, armour and re-enactors galore. They even have an evening dinner show with big band music entertainment.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

Took this pic from my porch...about 15 minutes ago!

The "Yankee Lady" (B-17) wasn't far behind...but was blocked by the trees.
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

You guys in the States really have the most interesting planes flying over your houses! What we have here in our area is not noteworthy...
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

During the 70's and 80's when I was growing up, we always had B-52s flying overhead everyday coming to and fro nearby Griffiss AFB. How I miss seeing and hearing B-52s flying now.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

BlackSheep214 wrote:During the 70's and 80's when I was growing up, we always had B-52s flying overhead everyday coming to and fro nearby Griffiss AFB. How I miss seeing and hearing B-52s flying now.
Here's one from a few years back...

Tojo72
Master Member

Post by Tojo72 »

Pretty nice shots Fermis,Blacksheep,I almost went a few years ago,but I poured rain that day,and since then work has always interfeared,but now my wife is also interested in checking out the music,so I may have make room for that next year.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Thomas_M wrote:You guys in the States really have the most interesting planes flying over your houses! What we have here in our area is not noteworthy...
We don't get that much either, the occasional warbird but not much military stuff - I miss the Upper Heyford F-111s

Although when I was out and about on Friday we did see a P-51 fly over :dancing:
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Fermis wrote: Here's one from a few years back...

I guess there are certain areas on this globe where people don´t pick up their camera when those monsters fly over... :bag:
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Fermis wrote:If it makes you feel any better, I saw a TBF and B-25 (among others, Blue Angels included) fly over my house yesterday!

Airshow is about a 20 minute drive away...(and also at the same airport where I got my Instrument rating)...I didn't bother with it this year. It's getting more and more expensive ($35 each, plus $10 for parking), and I've already seen everything they have and then some.
It's the same problem here. The Wings Over Houston show you have to pay to get in. There's very little military participation but a TON of warbirds. While I like WW2 aircraft, I wanna see the current military stuff.

Now San Antonio has a free show but it's only every other year.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault

Return to “Free Discussion”