The Duke's Twin Prop GB Submission

Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: The Duke's Twin Prop GB Submission

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Carlos! It worked pretty well.

Lyle, I call mine the Shelf of Shame for "Shame on me for not finishing!" I always intend to someday finish everything on it as I find or replace parts. One model; a DUKW took almost 40 years to come off the Shelf of Shame: that's when I finally found the decals!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Duke Maddog wrote:... One model; a DUKW took almost 40 years to come off the Shelf of Shame: that's when I finally found the decals!
That shows that your way of mass models storage can be improved! It´s fantastic that you did find the decals, but, hey: 40 years?? :headslap:
:giggles:
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Yeah, I kept losing the vehicle when I found the decals, then vice versa. Finally they came together. Believe me, I really do want to improve my model storage! For that matter, I would love to be able to move out or get rid of so many boxes and stuff so they could all be seen!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
bubbasparksuk

Post by bubbasparksuk »

Great progress Duke, looking good!
Ben
Wirral I.P.M.S (UK)

http://www.bensbuilds.co.uk
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thanks Ben! I'm going to keep going on this and hopefully the nose cone shows up. If not, I'll at least have almost all of it done when I finally do source another nose.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Return to “Seeing Double! The Prop Twins GB”