No bench time day, it seems

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
LyleW
Admin

No bench time day, it seems

Post by LyleW »

Catching up on here and FB. We keep Ella at our house on Friday. After breakfast, I told her I was going downstairs. Immmediately, she hopped up and said, "I go with you!". She knows the piano is downstairs. MawMaw is currently sitting with her, but every few minutes I hear the sweetest little voice calling, "Paw Paw, I need you!" I ask, "For what?". She replies, to play the piano. Love that baby. This is a week or so ago. Today, she is wearing a "Future member of Congress" shirt. I hope so.

To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Thomas_M
Admin

Re: No bench time day, it seems

Post by Thomas_M »

A future member of congress? I don´t hope so... I have not the best opinion on any politicians.
Look at this smile! She loves the piano! She is happy; what more could one ask for?
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

The greatest joy in life. No doubt.

You're a lucky man, Lyle. And blessed enough to know it.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thanks, gentlemen. I dare say this is more fun than models....most days. She is, after all, a three year old! Met up with our daughter-in-law and the other three grandchildren at a local park and then had pizza for lunch. Great, great day. I will put up a few pictures later when I figure out why the camera won't show on File Explorerererer
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Is it a Nikon, Lyle? :giggles:
gino b2
Advanced Member

Post by gino b2 »

very nice lyle ! I cherish the time spent with my granddaughter kayla.
sometime this summer we expect granddaughter number two to arrive !
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thomas_M wrote:Is it a Nikon, Lyle? :giggles:
Why, yes it is, Thomas! Someday you, too can move up to the good stuff (Nikon) and put away childish things, Canon.... :giggles:

Actually the problem was an Id10t error.....I have three black USB cables by the computer and plugged the wrong one in. Duh.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

gino b2 wrote:very nice lyle ! I cherish the time spent with my granddaughter kayla.
sometime this summer we expect granddaughter number two to arrive !
Gino, congrats! Kayla sure looks like a sweetie.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Lyle, this is great! She is such a little doll! These times are what make Life worth living. Family always comes first and they never stay this way. Savor every moment!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
lawman56
Advanced Member

Post by lawman56 »

I, too, have been finding it difficult to spend any time at the bench lately. For the same reason. Seems every time I get a chance, my three little monsters show up. How can I resist running, (well they run, I tend to saunter), through the yard killing zombies? After all, without my three grandsons culling the zombie herd, we'd be overrun!

I figure there will come a day when my house and yard aren't as much fun anymore compared to games, sports and girls. I'll get plenty of bench time then.

On the plus side, my oldest (7), is showing an interest in model building and is detail oriented enough to start getting him into it. Looks like a viable excuse to go to the hobby shop.....
Joe

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Return to “Free Discussion”