1/48 Academy Mig-21PF N. Vietnam

Aircraft, Ships, Armor, etc....not manufactured in the country of use. This will cover WW 2 to present day.
Thomas_M
Admin

Re: 1/48 Academy Mig-21PF N. Vietnam

Post by Thomas_M »

Duke Maddog wrote:...
Thomas, I've never seen any difference between the shine before and after Alclad Aqua Gloss whenever I've used it.
Good to know! Thank you, Duke!
jelliott523
Master Member

Post by jelliott523 »

I will echo what Duke stated, it did not change the shine at all, if anything it may have actually made it look better, some areas looked a little dull before the Aqua Gloss. The coat is very smooth and the decals should "crossing my fingers" go down nicely. I have read several posts around the modeling forums that stated that applying a gloss coat will cause changes to the metallic finishes, I'm thinking that it must occur with their application techniques, because I've sprayed clears (Aqua Gloss, Model Master and even Future) over Alclad, AK Xtreme and even Ammo of Mig's acrylic metal colors with no change to the sheen.
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

jelliott523 wrote:I've got her ready to start adding the decals. I applied a gloss coat of Alclad Aqua Gloss over the top of the Xtreme Metal. Then I'll do some minor repair work to the canopy seam to fix the boneheaded mistake. All-in-all, I think she is going to look OK, probably be a 5-footer, but this is my first true NMF project, and I've learned a ton from this one.

I love this build Jelliott! Looking sooo good!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
jelliott523
Master Member

Post by jelliott523 »

I'm calling this one done. This was my first all NMF aircraft and I've realized I still have a few tricks to learn, but I'm enjoying the education!

Last edited by Thomas_M on Mon May 23, 2016 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected picture links - Thomas_M
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

That looks excellent! You have done far better on the multi-shaded metal parts than I can do. I still can't get that right. Congrats on a well-made plane.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

That is quite nice! ...in a well-used way.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Those different shaded panels give this one so much life and make it interesting to look at! :shoutout:

Return to “In Foreign Service”