Happy Birthday Canada

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
robmacey

Happy Birthday Canada

Post by robmacey »

Happy Canada day to all fellow Canadians, it is 32 Celsius and humid as all heck where I live.
Judging from the lines up at the Liquor Control Board of Ontario yesterday, its going be a lot of fun.
On an aviation note we have the RCAF Snowbirds and CF-18 demo team in town for their salute to Canadians.
We have closed our street (it is a dead end) and will start the party around 1:00 pm, BBQ, beer, games for the kids, beer, socializing with the neighbors
,beer, fire works later on tonight, more beer.
As I live in the capital of Canada they have a huge party downtown, with hundreds of thousands of people in attendance from all over, interestingly enough a lot of Americans come from New York State to join in the party.
Last year the hotels and bars in the area recorded $93 million in revenue from the one day, its a big party, so big actually that all of the suburbs have started their own separate parties again a couple of hundred thousand people are expected.
This is a very important day in my country, Canadians know how to party and today its all about fun.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Happy Birthday Canada

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Seen the French Flying team (can't remember what they were called. Something Tricolor),Thunderbirds and the Blue Angels but.... I have never, ever seen the Snowbirds. I want to see them perform so badly.

Heh - gonna be 89 degrees F with high humidity today. Enjoy your day my friend. Post pics of the Snowbirds if you can.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

A hearty Happy Canada Day, Rob! Ceptin for y'all tawk a bit funny, eh? Good to have neighbors that can party....
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
robmacey

Post by robmacey »

The snowbirds are great, they perform all over Canada during the summer months, logistic nightmare I would think.
The pilots are picked from a long list and they are selected on both their flying abilities as well as their personalities.
They do a lot of PR for the Canadian Forces. They are still flying Canadair Tutors which was the basic aircraft for fast jet training in the RCAF for many years.
Now replaced by BAE Hawks that are provided under a long term contract by Bombardier. They have a program that trains Canadian fighter pilots as well as a lot of NATO allies in Saskatchewan.

Thanks Lyle, yes we can party, especially during the Stanley cup playoffs and today.

The rain has held off so far and it is a beautiful day, we enjoy our summer months here immensely, I have been outside all day everyday for the past week on holidays from work. My poor workbench isn't seen much action.

Return to “Free Discussion”