Tamiya 1/35 Panzer Kampfwagen II Ausf. F/G

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
KennyX
Elite Member

Re: Tamiya 1/35 Panzer Kampfwagen II Ausf. F/G

Post by KennyX »

I like the one I’m building, but my beef with the older Tamiya Panzer kits are those holes that need filled. But I get why they did it. It’s a great kit. Why change the mold if it still sells. It’s forgivable. Still, I’d love to get my hands on one of these bad boys.
Kenny X
Head Mother Trucker In-Charge @ Kenny X’s Reichs Winzigkleines Flugzeugewerks *and now* Airboat Records, too!
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

The older Tamiya armor kits are great :quotes: training :quotes: kits. Not expensive and perfect for practicing new techniques upon. Even straight from the box, they are perfect for the novice builder for ease of assembly. For the intermediate and advanced builder they give a nice basic canvas to experiment with or perfect techniques. And like you said, if it sells, why change it.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

Exactly, Carlos. 100%. I mean when you look at it that way, the positives of the kit outweigh that negative. The only other issue I had with mine was fit when attaching the rear assembly onto the lower hull. But after some time noodling it, I got it to fit with minimal issues. And I’m thinking that might have been a construction error on my part. But whatever, Its a solid kit, and I’d totally buy other Tamiya tanks based on the impression I got from this one.
Kenny X
Head Mother Trucker In-Charge @ Kenny X’s Reichs Winzigkleines Flugzeugewerks *and now* Airboat Records, too!
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

I wouldn't have minded if it was the older tooling - I've really enjoyed this Panzer II. The open holes on the underside weren't difficult to deal with and the kit went together with no issues at all. I might still get the older III actually as I'd like to have the short barreled version as well.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Tamiya makes a new tool short barrel Panzer III N based off their III L kit...

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Stikpusher wrote:Tamiya makes a new tool short barrel Panzer III N based off their III L kit...

Ah ok - Cool - I really like the look of that. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive - guess it's that time of year!

Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Finished!

http://www.spamodeler.com/forum/viewtop ... =27&t=3708

I've really enjoyed this GB - I'll get another one started for it as soon as it arrives!

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”