Portman Productions 2020

Show off your completed work! One or two pictures and a brief explanation. Let others have a quick look at your finished masterpieces!
Stuart
Elite Member

Portman Productions 2020

Post by Stuart »

One of my ambitions for this year is to stop leaving dead-end threads everywhere - my start vs completion rate at the moment is truly awful - so if it's alright with the Mod's I'm going to follow the Duke's lead and start one of these 'Workbench WIP' threads and see how it goes.

Asides from my ongoing Albanian builds and the Tornado GR.1, I've recently started this - details to follow.

When it arrives, I'm also going to be starting a model of this (for a classic British Ship kit GB on another forum) - any guesses as to what ship it is?

Cheers All!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Re: Portman Productions 2020

Post by Stikpusher »

Stuart, by all means, make a single build thread for all of your projects like Mark has going.

I’m gonna take a semi educated guess and say that carrier is HMS Ark Royal. I’m not up to speed on all the RN carriers of WWII. USN and IJN I’m pretty good with.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Thanks Carlos!

You are indeed spot on, it is the Ark Royal - I've just ordered the old (1966) Airfix 1/600 kit. Probably not the best idea for a first ship but it'll be fun trying! I'm hoping to start it next week when it arrives.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I thought it was Ark Royal. I built the old Revell 1/720 scale kit of her long ago, so the lines looked vaguely familiar. As far as the Airfix kit goes, older kits are usually simple to build. That is in its favor. I bet that it will be fun indeed. I look forward to this project of yours.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Thanks Carlos,

So I started on the kit yesterday - here's the box...

And here's what's in it...

The plastic does generally look nice but one of the main issues of this boxing is all the flash...

But I've made a start on it - mostly just flash removal on all the main parts! As you can see it'll be a reasonable sized model.

In other news, I'm still working on the load for the Tornado. everything is painted and I just need to get the decalling done.

The Mig has been painted and clear coated - again it's onto the decals (thankfully only 8). I've painted up all the other bits left to fit other than the tyres and I might add the missing pitot tube.

I'm making progress on the Kfir - I've not been overly impressed with this kit thus far. The fit is pretty poor and I've had to put filler everywhere (which I hate doing). I'm toying with the idea of putting this one on a stand

I've also started doing a bit of work on this kit that I was given for Christmas. I've no idea what the scale is but it'll be fun to put it together.

Cheers and thanks for taking a look!

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Damn fine work on varied subjects! That Ark Royal box looks real
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Yeah - that box was really hard to pull off :grin:

Thanks Lyle!

KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Wouh Stuart, that is pretty extensive amount of projects ongoing !

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Yeah... :hmm: Not intentional but just how it worked out. I'm hoping to get a couple finished over the next few weeks!

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Looks like we have another massive assembly line opened... :hmm:

FLSM

Return to “Member's Gallery”