1/48 A-7B VA-93

All things jet, no props and Stik...no armor even though the M1 is turbin powered.
Stuart
Elite Member

Re: 1/48 A-7B VA-93

Post by Stuart »

Hey Carlos - great to see you building again and what a great choice of kit/subject!

Oh and welcome to the GB... :hmm: I need to some glamour shots of my finished Tornado!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Stikpusher wrote:(...)
With a permanent companion, I’m gonna call Klaus, after Klaus Meine from one of my favorite bands, The Sorpions

I'm 100 Miles from Hannover away and had to laugh out loud about that comment! :lol:
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

LyleW wrote:Good looking subject!! The plane, not the builder. Anyway, have some fun. I'm sure there are many things needing your attention.
Yes, the SLUF is far better looking than I... :whistle: I have never claimed to be a pretty boy, that’s for sure... :bag:
portman wrote:Hey Carlos - great to see you building again and what a great choice of kit/subject!
Oh and welcome to the GB... :hmm: I need to some glamour shots of my finished Tornado!
Thanks Stuart, it’s great to be taking part! And yes, get some glamour shots up of your girl... especially the nose art!
mostrich wrote: I'm 100 Miles from Hannover away and had to laugh out loud about that comment! :lol:
I’m glad that you enjoyed that.., seriously though, they are one of the best, if not the best band that I’ve ever seen in concert... man do they put on a show!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yesterdays progress report:

In the morning I painted the seat cushions with Vallejo US Uniform Green... I thought that it would be more Olive in color... :headslap: nope... nor does it look like any US uniform item I’ve ever come across in 45 years or so of collecting stuff from WWII thru today...

I then added a coat of Humbrol acrylic satin white over the Testors flat white... better... but still needed another coat

In the afternoon I painted over the Vallejo green with Polly Scale Olive Drab ANA-319... much better. And I painted the side consoles, control stick handle, and IP instruments with Testors acrylic square bottle Flat Black.

I’ll go back and touch up the IP this afternoon....I also added another coat of Humbrol Satin White in the intake, but no new photos of that.

In the evening, I sanded off any white paint on the gluing surfaces of the intake, then glued the halves together.

Klaus has inspected and approves...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

A great start Carlos, how does it feel to be building again - especially old skool?!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Stuart! It feels good to be building again, but I kinda wish that my bench was fully set up with better lighting and my compressor... all in good time... :bored:

I just couldn’t wait anymore... :mrgreen:

Besides, I now have Klaus to keep me in company and in line at the bench.

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Looking good. I agree that first green didn’t look right. The Pollyscale looked 100 % better.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yup! The Vallejo was WAY too bright.

Today’s update post of yesterday’s work...

I puttied up the interior seam of the intake with Tamiya putty. I would have preferred to use Squadron white putty, but who knows when I can get my hands on some of that stuff... it’s a case of go with what you’ve got...

I’ll see about sanding it up today... touch up painting after that... :headslap:

Then I did some detail work on the IP and painted up the jet pipe...

I also did some detail painting on the seat harness, touch up on the cockpit tub, the submitted it all to Klaus for inspection...

This afternoon I should make more progress...

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Everything looks like it should—only just that much better. There is some mighty fine brushwork happening here! Congratulations to you and Inspector Klaus. You’re both doing one hell of a job; one hell of a job on the IP in particular is just right—very well done, I want to write “finely judged,” with just the right amount of contrast.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Bruce, but I can sure tell that I’m out of practice for brush painting. You are far too kind in your words here.

Anyways, here is yesterday’s work update. Actually Friday afternoon/ evenings work. Not much to show, just a wash in the cockpit tub and some clear glue for instrument lenses after the raised detail was highlighted with colored pencils. Due to weather conditions, cool and rainy on Friday, the clear glue was very slow to dry on the larger scope faces...

FLSM

Return to “Jet GB by Portman”