Kenny X’s Reboots

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
KennyX
Elite Member

Re: Kenny X’s Reboots

Post by KennyX »

Thank you Johnny and Mike! Mucho appreciated amigos.
Kenny X
Head Mother Trucker In-Charge @ Kenny X’s Reichs Winzigkleines Flugzeugewerks *and now* Airboat Records, too!
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

So Mega cool that Kenny is back!

And with a 109 build, cannot be a better comeback! :-)

Looking also forward to your the F-16 build

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

Kari! Thank you! It’s great seeing you too my man!

Alright, spent some time with the reboots this morning.

First up we have the F-16. All this stuff is mostly just dry-fit together but some parts have been welded, in order to facilitate easier painting and a final assembly later on which can be done in a modular way. It scares the crap out of me doing it that way, but that’s the only way I can figure to paint up the gear bays how I want to, get the paint even over top of the intake, and other such things. I just dislike going near paintwork with solvents, for reasons which I’m sure you’ll agree are obvious. Anyway, I really like how well this kit fits together, very well-engineered.

And then, “Black 1.” We all know I dislike dealing with windscreens and canopies. I’m never happy with the job I do affixing then, and painting them. And last go-round, I ended up with an E4 canopy on an E3 aircraft :lol: :headbang: well that’s not happening again. None of it. I figure if I spend all week working on this, and even next week too, it’ll turn out good. So meticulous, slow, and steady. Here’s test-fittings after very carefully sanding off what was left from the nubs. Fits very, very well. I’ll do the gunsight today/tomorrow, add it, then attach the glass, and from there, begin masking.

Kenny X
Head Mother Trucker In-Charge @ Kenny X’s Reichs Winzigkleines Flugzeugewerks *and now* Airboat Records, too!
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

That’s some very nice work!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

Thanks Lyle!
Kenny X
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Nice work! What F-16 kit is that?
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

Mike, that’s Tamiya’s F-16 CJ Block 50 kit, “With Full Equipment.” Feels like I’m trying to eat an elephant one bite at a time but it’s okay :lol:
Kenny X
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

KennyX wrote:Mike, that’s Tamiya’s F-16 CJ Block 50 kit, “With Full Equipment.” Feels like I’m trying to eat an elephant one bite at a time but it’s okay :lol:
Ahh ok. Tamiya's Vipers are by and far the best ones out there. I have a Blk 30 I'm building and I have another Air National Guard version as well.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
KennyX
Elite Member

Post by KennyX »

Mike, I have no experience with other jets but I can say of Tamiya’s Block 50, it’s a lot like a great guitar- I can’t put it down. I’m always thinking up things to do with it to keep it in my hands- dry-fitting, subassemblies… it’s a joy to work with. I’ve really been having fun with it.
Kenny X
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

KennyX wrote:Mike, I have no experience with other jets but I can say of Tamiya’s Block 50, it’s a lot like a great guitar- I can’t put it down. I’m always thinking up things to do with it to keep it in my hands- dry-fitting, subassemblies… it’s a joy to work with. I’ve really been having fun with it.
It's a really nice kit - I tried to build one last year until I had a u/c leg failure... Well okay, until my daughter knocked it off my bench. :headbang:

Here's how far I got with it.

I have another in the stash, so it's not all bad, and besides, all the left over bits ended up on my Matchbox Viper I built a few months back!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”