SPAM Military Vehicle Group Build

Member created Group Builds
Stikpusher

Re: SPAM Military Vehicle Group Build

Post by Stikpusher »

Well depending upon shipping that could be a good deal or not. You can get a different issue of the same kit, sans motor, but with some figures, at Hobby Lobby for around $20 before the 40% off coupon. So around $12 plus tax...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Stikpusher wrote:Well depending upon shipping that could be a good deal or not. You can get a different issue of the same kit, sans motor, but with some figures, at Hobby Lobby for around $20 before the 40% off coupon. So around $12 plus tax...
I need to check Hobby Lobby and the coupons out!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Hobby Lobby is about a step or two up from Michaels. And they do have all sorts of goodies from other hobbies such as art and various crafts that modelers can use. But they are no substitute for a true hobby shop that is scale model oriented. The model selection is mediocre at best.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I need to go to your Valhalla! That puts me in the mood to watch a good Viking movie! "Valhalla Rising," "The Vikings," even "Pathfinder" or Lee Majors as "The Norseman!"

Still from "The Thirteenth Warrior"

... not to be covered in mud, though... Milliput, slowly drying to a scale over my skin! To the showers!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Not Valhalla, more like Nirvana... going to a great hobby shop is like the orgy scene in Conan the Barbarian when our heroes look in...

“So this is paradise?”

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

"The Thirteenth Warrior"; what a great flick! And Carlos nailed it about going into a true Hobby Shop. While I love Hobby Lobby, I sure do savor every moment at a local model-oriented Hobby Shop!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I hear ya, Duke. Sadly, a lot of mom & pop hobby stores are disappearing at a fast rate every year. Only one still in my area I refuse to return due to a false accusation by the owner’s paranoid daughter. I wonder if it’s still in business though. Haven’t pass through there since 1 1/2 years ago.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Yeah, I'm so sorry that you had that experience at that shop. I am fortunate here in Southern California that I have at least six local old-skool hobby shops within 30 minutes driving time from my house. I feel so blessed.

So, when was this supposed to start? Has it already and I didn't know it? I need to find something to build for this.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

This Group Build is very informal, but all are welcome!! Stuart will be along with a proper response presently, Duke. I still have not clicked with a kit yet, despite finding one! What is wrong with me???
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX

Return to “Member Group Builds”