1967 Monogram 1/72 US Navy A-5A Vigilante.

All things jet, no props and Stik...no armor even though the M1 is turbin powered.
mostrich
Admin

Re: 1967 Monogram 1/72 US Navy A-5A Vigilante.

Post by mostrich »

Is this going to be a movie called "Honey, I Shrunk the Bangseat"?
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

mostrich wrote:Is this going to be a movie called "Honey, I Shrunk the Bangseat"?
I know you know when obsession hits and drives things down deep. I was thinking and thinking about writing everyone to let them know this was going to require a detox period for me. There is something I want to achieve but I have not quite hit it yet, and I need to get back to what fits with the kit.

So I started thinking about ILM ANH X-Wings which always helps chill me out when I get dug in too deep, and I realized with a sharp shock to my frontal lobes that information is fast disappearing online for reasons we all have - or at least I have - personally experienced. The One-Stop Studio Scale X-Wing thread started on the RPF needs a new home, i.e. SPAM, but this also needs to be organized somehow from a research perspective. The ILM timesheets still exist which give some ideas on who did what when, but the paint shop photos and Edlund test shots (Nikon cameras, sorry Thomas) are vanishing as pictorial images are now time stamped and longevity is on the back burner.

I also want to thank you personally. Your words do matter. Please excuse my delayed response. I also wrote to Ralph Riese in Australia for advice on the fuselage sides of the Fw 190 A-1. He will respond.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Take your time Bruce; your work is always worth the wait.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Thanks and welcome back, Duke Mark! I saw many photos of great models gracing the tables at the Nats. Would like to know which were your top 3.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Bruce thanks. With all the outstanding work on the tables at the Nats; it is so tough to pic my top three. I really have to consider it heavily.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Absolutely no pressure, Mark. I was looking at an amazing build happening for Jerseyfest of an X-Wing because X-Wings are on my brain at the moment. 1/24 X-Wings and the 1/32 PCM Anton. Weird.

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

speedgraflex wrote: Last night I made a hanging bracket from a Post-It to tape the circa 1967 decal sheet to my window. Now facing the California sun directly, let us see if the yellowed edges of carrier film will fade away. Hashtag: current science experiment

A quick follow up Q to you Bruce; Was this experiment successful or is it still ongoing?

Would be great to know, if possible!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Thanks for your question, Kari. I have noticed little change to the areas of yellowed decal film after five days.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

speedgraflex wrote:Thanks for your question, Kari. I have noticed little change to the areas of yellowed decal film after five days.
Thanks Bruce for the update!
Not that dramatic change yet in other words.. Still very curious to see how it will eventually be

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

I tried doing this once with some decals after two days the yellow looked better but the decals all cracked. Hope yours come out good
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall

Return to “Jet GB by Portman”