Safety first

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
Stuart
Elite Member

Re: Safety first

Post by Stuart »

Manny1943 wrote:I always use a condom... :lashed:
Yeah but when you're on your own it doesn't count :giggles: :lashed:

I'don't use much - gloves and mask when using rattle cans and I'm a bit more careful when working with resin - but that's about it.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I also don't use anything for safety. I do have one fan in the window blowing outside in front of a cardboard tray that is my spray booth. Behind me to my right is another fan that blows towards the window. That way, anything that is not pulled out the window by the first fan is blown within reach of it by the second fan.

I don't do resin (except on every fifth blue moon, or second Tuesday of the week, whichever comes first) so I don't need to worry about sanding dust from that. I already have glasses; but I take them off when I build, so no eye protection. So far, I've been good....

And yeah, we used to travel in the back of the station wagon on long family trips lying or sitting on a mattress stretched across the back.

Finally, I love the taste of water from the garden hose too! :bag:
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Duke....livin' large on the edge! My kind of guy.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

LOL! Thanks Lyle!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

He's a mad dog alright ;)
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

LOL! Thanks Jim!

Thanks Carlos, I try.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

tigrazor
Addicted Member

Post by tigrazor »

JimD wrote:All the fumes some of you are apparently huffing really does explain some things. :drum:
"Love is in the air? No. Nitrogen, Oxygen, Carbon Dioxide and color fumes are in the air!"
"Did you really pay a big amount of money for only half a figure?!"

FB: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002809527929
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I love the smell of model fumes in the morning...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
tigrazor
Addicted Member

Post by tigrazor »

Sheldon Cooper vs. Apocalypse Now. :D Great!
"Did you really pay a big amount of money for only half a figure?!"

FB: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002809527929

Return to “Modeling Discussion”