Revell 1970 Mustang ala Tuskegee

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
Thomas_M
Admin

Re: Revell 1970 Mustang ala Tuskegee

Post by Thomas_M »

Mike, Image

This surely will be a head turner on model shows! Wished I could do a model car as this one!
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Could not resist to proudly present your WIP on SPAModeler´s Facebook page! :beau:
Jeeves
Master Member

Post by Jeeves »

Thank you Thomas :)

Sadly there really aren't shows around here. There is supposedly one coming around next month up in Plattsburgh...maybe I could take a trip up and visit Mom....have to see how that plays out at the end of the month.
Mike
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

That would be great, feeling in my elbow that your Mustang could be a winner !

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Jeeves wrote:Thank you Thomas :)

Sadly there really aren't shows around here. There is supposedly one coming around next month up in Plattsburgh...maybe I could take a trip up and visit Mom....have to see how that plays out at the end of the month.
I hear ya. I don't ever recall hearing any IPMS Model shows let alone any model kit shows in my area - let alone in NYS. The only local show that seem to be popular is Toy Railroading shows that takes place every February.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Blacksheep, whereabouts in New York are you? I can see that Plattsburgh is pretty far from Saratoga. Would you be closer to Rochester? They have an event (Rocon) coming up on September18th. Just a thought.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I live in Utica, NY. I have travelled to Rochester numerous time for I have in-laws that live in Webster. In fact, I know there is a LHS nearby her house I plan on checking out later this summer.
I'm definitely interested in heading out there In September. Funny, I never knew they have shows out there. Thanks for the heads up.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Jeeves
Master Member

Post by Jeeves »

Small world again-- one of my good friends works in the Webster school system :)
Mike
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

BlackSheep214 wrote:I live in Utica, NY. I have travelled to Rochester numerous time for I have in-laws that live in Webster. In fact, I know there is a LHS nearby her house I plan on checking out later this summer.
I'm definitely interested in heading out there In September. Funny, I never knew they have shows out there. Thanks for the heads up.

Glad to help. I don't know how the show itself is; but they've been doing them for awhile. I got the information from the IPMS USA website. They list all the IPMS-affiliated clubs' events on the site; and even have a map showing where they are and the date so everyone can find them. I do hope you get to go; I'll be watching for an update in September to see how you do.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Sorry I missed this one !! That looks pretty sharp Jeeves! Great idea and a good look!

There's a trick a few of the auto modelers have caught on to as far as wheels go in regards to the look of model chrome. I'll spell it out in an article that I got in Scale Auto last year and it helps get rid of the "toy chrome" look. It involves using a coat of Tamiya Smoke on the wheels to give it the true chrome metal look and it works great. Check it out:

You can see the difference this makes up close here in the article:

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”