53 Ford Pickup in Hallmark Channel colors

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
LyleW
Admin

Re: 53 Ford Pickup in Hallmark Channel colors

Post by LyleW »

Since the interior is mostly white, added some red beading wire to the seat.

chassis

To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Looks good, Lyle! I like the red beading on the seats.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thank you.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

That's coming along really nicely Lyle - top work. The banding on the seats was a nice touch!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thanks. My luck with the red and the airbrush seems to be waning. Ugly session yesterday. Assessment and adjustment today. Not all bad, but some “do overs” are likely.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I like it so far. With regard for the red, take a break and come back at it fresh. You've got this Lyle!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Aww, shucks..thanks. In morning’s light (ok, the desk lamps) it wasn’t as bad as I thought. Repainted the hood, attached the rear fenders and painted that, painted the cab, one tailgate.

Ordered more BMF sheets, some chain for the tailgate and a surprise the wife doesn’t know about...zebra pattern decal for the upholstery...could be a hit or miss. We shall see. Found an image of the “FORD” on the gate. Now I nope the cutter will be able to cut it.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

some progress. Using Molotow Chrome pen and at times, a toothpick and small brush.....

Masked off the chrome strip on the hood. Then ran the pen down the area. For the emblem, I dabbed enough chrome paint on the flat end of a toothpick to rub it across the emblem...sort of like dry brushing.

Did the same for the "F 100 " on the sides of the hood....

Then we spent some quality time trying to mask the curved chrome strip on the roof...ended up lifting paint. Touched up that and just used the pen. I think I can touch up any place I need to.

The dash is pretty rough. There is still some work, huh? I need to red-do the chrome dividing strip and do something with the speed o meter. Good news is that it won't be very visible.

Tailgate chains, upholstery decal and decals for the bed (wood grain and rails) are coming..
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Coming along nicely. Looks like it will be ready by Christmas!
Thanks,
John
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Looks good, Lyle. I never attempt to use BMF on dashboard trims. I use the smallest tip Molotow chrome pen for that. I believe it's .1 mm

Here's what I do, I paint the dash overall color, do any face panels (speedometer, radio, and whatnot. Then I do any chrome trim on the dash. Buttons/knobs is always done last.

Here's a trick to bring out the raised numbers on the speedometer - white artist pencil. Just a bit of pencil swipes can bring it out.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”