Italaerei 1/72 Me-321b <<Gigant>>

Any aircraft, or missile manufactured by Messerschmitt under said name. Bölkow-Blohm and subsequent merger and takeover aircraft are excluded.
LyleW
Admin

Re: Italaerei 1/72 Me-321b <<Gigant>>

Post by LyleW »

Brent, Paul - Many thanks. Certainly not in your league, but progressing. Now, if I can just unglue my fingers.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BsYamato
Addicted Member

Post by BsYamato »

Lyle ,witch color you used for the cargo floor? Actually I passed only an ovrrall rlm66 but not found references about specific color for the floor :(
PS this night tried the other method for windows in mine, tomorrow will post the result
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

BSY, the floor is a few different colors of acrylic craft paint. I want to say Mississippi Mud, Saffron Yellow and a Khaki. Don't think much of it will be seen.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

A comparison pic of size - the smaller is the Waco

Then a "beauty shot" with the new flash. Makes a big difference when compared to the lighting on the pic above.

I found, well thought of, a way to make the ribbed seat cushions and seat backs - Not original I'm sure. Take some 0.10 styrene sheet or an unused spare seat and glue small pieces of stretched sprue or 0.10 styrene rod. Glued down with Tenax or Tamiya Extra Thin, looks pretty good.

Still have a couple of pieces to glue in place on the seat.

oops. The white piece you can't see is the rod glued to styrene sheet. Sounds painful.

a little better.

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Re-did the flight deck extension. Pics later when i get back downstairs. Using the laptopl, upstairs so the doggies can have some free time. Sheesh this thing is awkward and slow.

Anyway - thought I'd try this to paint wheels. When I learn to keep my hands steady, it will be better. I also used this method to sand the wheel seam.

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

That appears to be the beauty of using the toothpick, in this case. If the friction gets to be too much, the wheel simply turned and released. It was actually more difficult to keep the wheel from spinning on the toothpick.
Adam
Advanced Member

Post by Adam »

Low and slow that's the trick. Is that a Dewalt Lyle?
It's up to you how much money you want to spend and how many new words you want to create "correcting" something.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

yeah. Last one was a Lowes' special. Ok but....not a Dewalt. Got it on sale as they released the next higher powered one. All I need.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I think this will fit. Once everything dries, we will see. I have nothing factual to base this on, other than I wanted to busy it up.

Notch is crew access. Have to build the ladder.

Return to “Scale Plastic Aircraft Modeler Official Messerschmitt Group Build 2015”