1/48 Eduard 109G and another G and an E

Any aircraft, or missile manufactured by Messerschmitt under said name. Bölkow-Blohm and subsequent merger and takeover aircraft are excluded.
Manny1943
Addicted Member

Re: 1/48 Eduard 109G

Post by Manny1943 »

Fermis wrote:(...)
Anyway....I'm eye ballin this scheme for the other G...

(...)
Sweet...JG 50 was a Mosquito Hunter Gruppe that was headed up by Graf after he was yanked from the Eastern front after reaching the 200 kill mark...Grislawski was his wing-man he brought with him...

Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

Manny1943 wrote:I found some nice G-8 refs:

Sometimes...I really hate researching!!!
What I have found, is that there were G-8s field fitted with cameras, and G-8s that were dedicated/factory recce birds. I have yet to find any pics showing that "blister" pictured...on ANY 109, and nothing representing it for "white 14", on models or color profiles...but the two aft camera ports can be seen.
Also getting conflicting info on the camo colors (go figure!!!)...I know I like the two-tone brown, brown/olive combo.
Manny1943
Addicted Member

Post by Manny1943 »

Fermis wrote:
Manny1943 wrote:I found some nice G-8 refs:

Sometimes...I really hate researching!!!
What I have found, is that there were G-8s field fitted with cameras, and G-8s that were dedicated/factory recce birds. I have yet to find any pics showing that "blister" pictured...on ANY 109, and nothing representing it for "white 14", on models or color profiles...but the two aft camera ports can be seen.
Also getting conflicting info on the camo colors (go figure!!!)...I know I like the two-tone brown, brown/olive combo.
It is true that all recon birds were not created equally...seems the diagram I posted was representative of a factory-built G-8. Many G-6s were field-converted and only carried the two cameras that were located aft (square cut-outs)...these generally kept the designation as G-6.

Close up of G-8 large port:

Expanded view:

Seems the factory G-8s also had this camera in the leading edge of the wing but it was usually disconnected cause it sucked:

As far as colors go. Based on my extensive and expensive research the plane in question was sand-yellow over RLM76...this is based on first-hand reports of some ground personnel who serviced this aircraft...over the years there have been some plates depicting a third color but its not so. Also, if you look at he B&W pics there is no distinct contrast at all among the surface color, suggesting just one shade...

My conclusion is that the MOFO looked like this:

Manny1943
Addicted Member

Post by Manny1943 »

It seems obvious as to why there aren't many/any pics of these ports---they are under the plane! Found this though:

Manny1943
Addicted Member

Post by Manny1943 »

Fermis wrote:
I have yet to find any pics showing that "blister" pictured...on ANY 109, and nothing representing it for "white 14", on models or color profiles...but the two aft camera ports can be seen.
I knew he was bluffing! Trying to back outta that complex, compound-curved port, aren't ya???
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

Ha...you ever know me to take things the easy way?!!!
I have no problem making part...I just thought I would see that slight bulge on some of those side profile color plates.

No worries, I think you've posted enough ref material here, for me to get the job done....Thank you very much for that!
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

If you ever feel like you NEED a reason to drink....I'd recommend closing up the fuselage around an engine assembly that doesn't want to be there (talking about the "E")....and then...start working on a Brassin engine :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:

I'm going to bed... :bang:
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Post by scorpiomikey »

Fermis wrote:If you ever feel like you NEED a reason to drink....I'd recommend closing up the fuselage around an engine assembly that doesn't want to be there (talking about the "E")....and then...start working on a Brassin engine :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:

I'm going to bed... :bang:
lol i know your pain.
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

Return to “Scale Plastic Aircraft Modeler Official Messerschmitt Group Build 2015”