Revell 1/32 Me 109G from 1990

LyleW
Admin

Re: Revell 1/32 Me 109G from 1990

Post by LyleW »

speedgraflex wrote:Lyle—thanks for the PDF! I read it, and found knowing what is intended very helpful. Are the wings glued top-bottom or is only the fuselage glued? Personally—and I learned this the hard way fitting Aurora’s Moonbus together—I would stick to the script as the actors out here say. Stick to the script and don’t improvise. However if you can no longer stick to the script I stand by creating a a socket for the landing gear. I would be tempted to research metal gear available as this is a 1/32 kit, regardless.
I can, without much fuss, get those locating pins back where they belong and glue them in place...besides, there isn’t a good place to start cutting.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

pzl66 wrote:Does this allow for the gear to be moved and locked in either position?
Yep. It was a feature! The gear doors would never survive such moving around. It can all be fixed.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

After cleaning yesterday (it wasn't all that dirty) and replacing the o-ring at the nozzle, we have excellent air flow. This sucker drinks paint faster than my two youngest grandchildren drink chocolate milk!

I've come to the conclusion that I am simply afraid if this device. I don't know why, unless it is simply that I have not used it enough. I need to reduce the paint flow or so it seems. I just don't know. Guess the more I use it I can get a better feel. I sprayed this at about 10 psi.

I decanted some of the Duplicolor gray primer and thinned it with Mr. Leveling Thinner.

Looks like I need some better glasses to work with, huh. Didn't really see this until it was sprayed. Sigh.

Not too bad of a spray job, I guess. Still need to do the bottom of this thing. So, is it worth trying to fill the openings in the canopy fit with strip?
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Answer to all of your problems...

Actually Lyle that doesn't look half bad - certainly better than any finish I've ever managed through one!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thank you, Stuart. I think I'll use this brush....

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Don’t look for perfection, just go for improvement with each project. If this is better than the last one, which it looks to be to my eye, be content with that. Tackle each issue as it appears.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

:that:
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
pzl66
Master Member

Post by pzl66 »

Small hiccup there Lyle, but should be an easy (but time consuming) fix. Primer looks excellent, that engine has a lot of detail in it! I think it is look great, and seeing how you fixed the ol’ Boeing this should turn out very very nice!
Messerschmitt 109 Addict
pzl66
Master Member

Post by pzl66 »

Also is the canopy glued down? Is it gonna be built closed up?
Messerschmitt 109 Addict
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thanks guys. Love the support. The primer did turn out okay, but thin. I sure would have bet it was thicker. Fixed the wing root using good old smash mouth techniques... Perfect Plastic Putty, CA and sandpaper. Not necessarily in that order.

Yes, the canopy will be closed as will the cowl.

Return to “Messerschmitt 2019 Group Build”