Tamiya Sdkfz.222

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
Stikpusher

Re: Tamiya Sdkfz.222

Post by Stikpusher »

Base coat of panzer gray on... let all the other color painting commence...

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

cooolllll!!!!!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Very nice !

And now starts brush painting of the storage stuff I presume ?

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Once more you've achieved amazing results and in such a short time. Congrats once again on such incredibly fine work!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Now its really starting to look the part. Painting has to be my favorite stage.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thank you Mark.

Clint, painting is indeed the point where the build starts to come to life.

Well today was mostly detail painting of all the stowage after I got the base coat of panzer gray on. Although I did cheat a bit and applied some Gunze gloss panzer gray in the areas where the decals will go. But the. A quick dusting over adhjacent areas to bless them and lessen the contrast...

unfortunately by the time I was able to get pictures daylight was gone, and my work area lighting overwhelms the subtle work...

this evening after dinner, I added the decals...

Tomorrow I ought to be able to get the basic build all wrapped up....
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

:shoutout:

I will have a list of "How did ya do that?" questions because there are some really beautiful details here (How did ya do the muffler? How did ya do the tires and the wheels?) but my list can wait. JUST GER R DONE, bud. Your work looks fantastic!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Painting? Well the mufflers are a base coat of Humbrol “Track Color” ( thank goodness that Humbrol brought that color back from the discontinued) with a wash of Testors Jet Exhaust. I still need to dry brush on a patina of some dark rust or something.... The tires are Mission Models Tire Black. By the way, I used the shaker device to mix the Mission Models paint, per Blacksheep’s question on that. Worked just fine, as you can see here.

And thank you... I just want to get this thing finished today....
:clockwatch:

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

I don't blame you Carlos, looks like you're in the home stretch here. Beautiful work!

I should try that idea with the jet exhaust wash. I typically paint my exhausts with flat black and while it's still partially wet, I then paint over that with a copper color which blends into a dark rust-type color with a slight metallic sheen. Yours looks better though.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Normally I’ll dry brush the Model Master Jet Exhaust. But I have the acrylic right now and not the enamel. And in my experience, Model Master acrylics dry brush terribly. So I opted for the wash instead. But it did not turn out as well as I had hoped....

FLSM

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”