SPA Modeler Member Interviews.

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
Stikpusher

Re: SPA Modeler Member Interviews.

Post by Stikpusher »

Well our chapter website is not well organized. I can’t seem to find it there. You would think that a member winning a Nationals category with a build would rate some showing off.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I was not sure either however a name search (his name plus aircraft) led me to Spruefest 2018. I dislike propagating that image if it is not his. If you gents are friendly with him, maybe ask him or ask him to join Spam. I do hope the local IPMS website gets a hot wash (like I should talk) soon....
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Well, he will likely be at IPMS on Friday nite...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Unfortunately I won't be there; I'll be singing in my choir in our Good Friday service. Give him my regards and see if he's willing to join, although I'm not sure he's a Forums kind of guy.

I'll try to find a pic of his winning entry, I think I may have one somewhere in my photo albums.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Scale Plastic Aircraft Modeler Member Interview

Fermis

Hamburg, Michigan

Sure, I'll play!

I do prefer "Fermis" Even my mom calls me Fermis!!!

1. My first kit was a snap-tite aircraft carrier (guessing it was 1/1500-ish???). I was 6. I remember watching my dad and older brother build a bigger carrier, and I wanted part of that action! That pretty much answers #10 as well.

2. Preferred scale? 1/72

3. Subject? Mainly WW2 aircraft

4. Favorite build? 1/32 Academy F-18D, built for my older bro (his plane) while he was deployed.

5. Hardest? 1/48 Modelcraft F-82 (terrible kit!)

6. Holy grail? 1/32 A-7 (I've had it for a few years now, along with Zacto models corrections and Aries pit) Just gotta build it one of these days!

7. Favorite kit maker? All depends on my mood and other factors—subject, price, quality, value(quality/price)! For quality, Tamiya (naturally!). For value, Airfix (their new stuff!).

8. Glues? Tamiya extra thin, UMM CA, Testors clear.

9. Paint? Model Master enamel (highly disappointed the direction the company is going though, so I'm sure that will change, sooner than later)

10. See #1. For my re-start, I was going through a very bad time. Couldn't get work, broke, ate one meal a day, which I hunted for (venison). I hadn't built anything for several years. I still had my stash and supplies. To keep my mind on the right side of sanity, I broke out a kit and got busy. Still going strong, ten years later!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Another great read, thanks Bruce and Fermis
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Thank you so much for following along, Clint! All the best to you, and Happy Easter!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Pulitzer material! Or Pullet Surprise material. I get them confused....I did remember to wear pants today, I think. This has been fun to read. No small amount of work to pull this together, either. Thank you.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Thank you for your words, but most of all thank you for participating, Lyle! Thanks to all who gave their time to composing such thoughtful and lively replies, yourself included. All the best!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Another great interview!

Lyle... as long as the pants were not crocheted like those God awful shorts you posted some time ago. :tease: :giggles: :whistle:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn

Return to “Modeling Discussion”