Hobbycraft F8F VNAF

Something you have never built.
LyleW
Admin

Re: Hobbycraft F8F VNAF

Post by LyleW »

Looks pretty smoothly! Let’s see some paint!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Lyle. Not quite ready for paint yet… still need to add a few more bits here and there before I can start painting. Soon….
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

That's looking good Carlos!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Stuart. I’ll get more updates posted soon.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

A little more progress to report…

First up, I drilled out the exhaust stacks and installed them in place

Then I installed the bomb racks and rocket stub launchers. I also added some sway braces to the pylons. And lastly I glued together the ordnance that I’m going to mount- four 5” HVARs and the centerline drop tank

I also polished up the canopy & windscreen and gave those items their dip in Future. Those are drying now, so no photos until they’re masked off and glued in place prior to painting. Hopefully that will be tomorrow….

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Very nice, those drilled out exhausts look much better!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Stuart. Those pipes are tiny. Each one is maybe .5mm or so in diameter… :shocked:

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Read through this again, Carlos. It is always a pleasure to read your narrative and follow along with you. Your painting so far is extraordinary; using rubber black is a great choice. Nice deep tone! Also the Tamiya yellow green is likewise a beautiful rendition of zinc chromate.

I was thinking while reading that it takes a great deal to write and document photographically while we work. Congratulations to you for always, always making your projects available for a reader to follow. Your attention to detail, painting and assembly skills always make your projects stand out from the crowd. I know I have learned a great deal from you.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Bruce! I try to keep the narrative informative enough to answer most questions, but not overly long winded in the description as to put the reader to sleep as I’ve seen some other guys do elsewhere. Thirty years of writing various types of reports has changed my writing style, but given me enough guidance as to know “when to hold ‘em and when to fold ‘em” with the amount of detail contained. :wink:

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

More progress! Woohoo!

First up, I added some acetate for the reflector gunsight lens

Then I masked up the canopy and windscreen and glued them into place

Tomorrow I’ll work on the seams around the windscreen, and after that I can start initial painting!

FLSM

Return to “Cherry Popper Group Build”