Stikpusher's GAABSA Builds -2nd Completed

Stikpusher

Re: Stikpusher's GAABSA Builds

Post by Stikpusher »

mustang1989 wrote:Your patience and persistence is paying off Carlos. Lookin' good so far bud.
Thanks... those are definite traits of mine... sometimes a blessing, sometimes a curse... :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I've started the upper surface markings yesterday afternoon... wing ID stripes, national insignia/ USAF, wing walk stripes, and red turbine warning stripe. Starting to look the part now...

I stared some more markings this morning. The fuselage ID stripe is gonna need lots of touch up pain... not a well designed decal. I'm difiitely going to paint the stripes on my next Sabres. And the first of the old decals on the tail. They worked as good as new! I think the double coat of decal film was a good idea. I'll get photos of that stuff up once both sides are done. The ID stripes on the fuselage are not gone be pretty and wil need a good amount of help.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

And I did clean up of the was on the Quad .50

This should be done soon...

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Rock on Carlos! Way to go! That Sabre is really looking fantastic! I'm taking extensive notes for my next one.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Mark,
I'm making steady progress on my F-86 now... more decals applied today in a midday session at my workbench before work.

Mostly stencils today, but also the aircraft serial number and buzz numbers on the right side

FLSM
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Man that Sabre looks sharp Carlos!!! I like the different shades of NMF you've got going and those cals just finish the looks off. Thumbs up bud.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thank you. She does look real pretty in those colors and markings, doesn't she?

FLSM
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Yezzir!!! Top notch at that. :wink:
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

mustang1989 wrote:Yezzir!!! Top notch at that. :wink:
Oh no... certainly not. There are lots of little problems still needing to be addressed.

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I've been working on both projects. The Quad .50 is moving smoothly enough, but the Sabre is still offering speed bumps. Right now my problem is finding the right yellow to match up the areas that the decals did not cover. Not one yellow in my paint collection is a match.

Insignia Yellow... no match

RLM 04 and Russian Marker Yellow did not work either. My last attempt was Testors square bottle light yellow... closer still, but still not an exact match.

Next step is to try mixing a matching shade.

FLSM

Return to “Go Ahead You Styreniac, Build Something...Already”