Stikpusher's GAABSA Builds -2nd Completed

Stikpusher

Re: Stikpusher's GAABSA Builds

Post by Stikpusher »

Well I mixed Testors square bottle Yellow and Light Yellow to eyeball a mix... this is probably as good a match as I'm gonna get.

It's on the leading and trailing edges here... what do you think?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Looks close enough to me.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

BlackSheep214 wrote:Looks close enough to me.
My thoughts exactly... :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Carlos, I wanted to repeat this earlier image. It's just... beautiful work. Your painting takes the project to another level entirely, a completely new level of physicality. This plane looks completely realistic to me; the metal finish behaves like metal under natural light, the right amount of color transparency, all of the gorgeous metal tonal shifts, the effects of light on surface... man, wow.

I read through to the current issues you are having with creating a yellow extension for the decal areas, which you resolved beautifully, too. Did you consider adding a white base coat before the color coat or did I miss how you built up the yellow color? You certainly are knocking this puppy out beautifully!! Bravo, bravo!

:shoutout:
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Decal colors are indeed almost impossible to match. That being said, I think you nailed this one perfectly. Way to go Carlos! That looks fantastic.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Mark and Bruce, thanks for the kind words of encouragement. It has plenty of flaws, but after how it has looked for the past four years or so, I'm content with my progress.

Today, I got in a quick session at my bench to do some dry brushing on the Quad .50.

Now it's all ready for top coat, final assembly, and last detail painting, tires and taillight/reflectors...

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Sweet! I'm looking forward to seeing this!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

My intent is to have this all done by next Saturday for AMPS.

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Your Quad Fifty looks spot on, Carlos; you will make your deadline!! Forgive me for obsessing over the shiny Saber, but well, it is beautiful! I am learning a lot from the Quad Fifty as your finishes reveal the details and add the 'weight' of accuracy to the kit.

I found this walk-around online. It was hard to find a museum piece in good condition, and the proper color as well.

http://cyberplasticmodeler.blogspot.com ... -vol3.html

I was curious to know more about the details based on what I was seeing with your work.

You are closing in on the finish. Stay motivated!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks for the encouragement Bruce. As I near the finish line, I have gotten more motivated. Right now my only impediments are available time and weather for the next few days. Rain & high humidity are not good for airbrushing.... but so close now on the Quad. Then the Sabre.

FLSM

Return to “Go Ahead You Styreniac, Build Something...Already”