Boeing 247 1/72 Williams

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
KennyX
Elite Member

Re: Boeing 247 1/72 Williams

Post by KennyX »

Lyle, good save on the decals! And they look good on her too, as does the aluminum- it’s nice and smooth and not grainy at all to my eye.

As to getting closer to calling her done, I get you 100% on that. When I’m working I’ll reach that point too and it’s always a good thing to listen to that voice.

This has been a fun project to watch and she looks great! You’re almost there!
Kenny X
Head Mother Trucker In-Charge @ Kenny X’s Reichs Winzigkleines Flugzeugewerks *and now* Airboat Records, too!
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thanks, Ken. It was not too bad actually.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

LyleW wrote:
Stikpusher wrote:Lyle, how fancy of a scanner/printer is that HP? I am really wanting to try the decal printing thing myself. Not only for scanning and printing replacements, but for stuff like aircraft code letters and numbers.
This one is old. You can get the for a 100 to 150 easy. They scan print, copy and fax. All the printer companies have them. Romberg they are ink jet and you would have to seal the decals. I found an inexpensive color Kaiser a few years ago for under 150, I think and I generally use that to print decals.

The printers I have are, that are pretty much the lower end..but not the bottom of the line.

HP 8600 AIO oggice jet
Canon All in One (AIO) I got to replace the HP and don’t much care for
Dell 1660 color laser
Samsung b/w laser from work that was free
Silhouette Portrait cutter
Yes, we have a Canon AIO of some sort. I don’t like how it scans. I am curious as to what type of printer gives best results. Ink jet? I know nothing of the devices. :headslap:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I like the laser, mostly because is won’t bleed. The HP app that you put on the computer is great for scans...can add pages, save as pdf or jpg. The HP is scanning at 300 dots per inch (DPI). Your all in one should do fine for scanning. If you cand find a color laser for under 200, I’d get that. I like this Dell a lot. Front paper feed and it handles decal paper with no problem. A reasonable footprint, too.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Ive been wanting to get a laser printer for a long time now. I still have my 5660 series inkjet printer. I have yet tried decal paper with it so far.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Honestly, I’ve had mixed results. I think it is ho I seal the decal paper, afterwards. World. Paper has some great stuff. Nice and thin.
pzl66
Master Member

Post by pzl66 »

Nice save on the decals! The plane is looking good!
Messerschmitt 109 Addict
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Great save on the decals. I haven't tried printing decals.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thanks, Medic!
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Great save on the decals - that's looking spot on Lyle! :shoutout:
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”