Dragon Panther A late, Russian army - 1:35

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
Kermit
Advanced Member

Re: Dragon Panther A late, Russian army - 1:35

Post by Kermit »

Unfortunately, the verlinden set really sucks... Really thick metal and no instructions whatsoever. Ill sell it on ebay i think.... The Chief in Command has not given me permission to order the eduard set or a resin replacement so i am forced to build this one sans zimm... :stinky: I do have however the eduard grille set to make up for it.

My apologies to all who think this is a blasphemy but my russkie Pantera will be naked.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

:ballbat: :what:
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Post by CallSignOWL »

dunno if you have this stuff, or if it will even work....

but what about Sculpey? Its polymer art clay. You could roll it out really thin, imprint the zimm pattern then bake it. :hmm:
Every take-off has a landing...some are just better than others
Kermit
Advanced Member

Post by Kermit »

Nah... I contemplated doing homemade zimm but that woud take forever... Next time ill just buy a kit with the zimm added. For now ill just squint my eyes and pretend it's there LOL.

Speaking of which..... This russkie kitty is ready for primer!
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Some Panther A's had a more simple grid type zimmerit rather than the ridge type. It is more simple to apply yourself than a ridged zimmerit. A thin layer of putty, allow it to set a bit then add a grid pattern using a hobby knife or something similar.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

the grid zimmerit pattern...

much easier to do than this...

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Not sure if those Russian Panthers had Zimmerit at all?!?
Good decision on the Verlinden set, though... This man gave our hobby a great push by his builds and ideas, but his products are another story...
Kermit
Advanced Member

Post by Kermit »

Sold it on a facebook trade group and got some really exciting stuff to augment my stash ;)

Haven't been updating much but i did work on my Pantera as much as i could. Tonight i have completed initial painting and highlights. The light in my mancave really doesnt help me at the moment but the flash on my camera really shows the modulation shading in a dramatic exaggerated way. In real life it's a bit more subtle though visible.

I have used vallejo russian green as shadow color, tamyia Nato green as my main shade (i really liked the lighter shade it had. Will darken somewhat during the weathering you will see) and light effects using a progressively lighter main shade plus tamyia white

Next up is another first for me: i will have to handpaint my numbers and stars to show the paint drips on them. Gonna be skeery!

See you next time gentlefolks!
Kermit
Advanced Member

Post by Kermit »

Well, i gave the handpainted dripping paint markings my best shot:

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”