Revell 1/32 F-4G Review & Build- update 12/13 (pg.19)

Look here at SPAModeler kit previews and reviews!
Stikpusher

Re: Revell 1/32 F-4G Review & Build- update 11/12

Post by Stikpusher »

Thank you Stuart. Of course when I went to do test fitting of the part that fits between the front and rear canopies, I found that my wiring on one side interfered with the seating fit of that part. So now I have to do some corrective work and then go back for more touch up paint. Two steps forward, one step back... :headslap:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stikpusher

Re: Revell 1/32 F-4G Review & Build- update 11/12 (pg.14)

Post by Stikpusher »

Well, I was able to correct the wiring location situation today in the midday. So next up is touch up painting.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: Revell 1/32 F-4G Review & Build- update 11/12

Post by Duke Maddog »

Stikpusher wrote:Thank you Stuart. Of course when I went to do test fitting of the part that fits between the front and rear canopies, I found that my wiring on one side interfered with the seating fit of that part. So now I have to do some corrective work and then go back for more touch up paint. Two steps forward, one step back... :headslap:

Two steps forward one step back: sounds like my daily experience! Only in some cases, it's two steps forward three steps back! Your model is looking great so far. I'm most impressed with the excellent application of details. Keep plugging man!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Mark. I will keep plugging away on this. I really am having a blast with this kit adding all those little things. I cut the rear fuselage halves off of the sprues yesterday evening and started my next steps on them. As well as rubber banding them together for a test fit. This sucker is gonna be BIG!!!

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Cool! Those Rhinos are big planes; so big and ugly they are gorgeous! Gotta love Phantoms!

Looking forward to seeing more!

BTW, slightly off topic but we got a lot of great things coming up for next year's AMPS meetings!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Duke Maddog wrote:Cool! Those Rhinos are big planes; so big and ugly they are gorgeous! Gotta love Phantoms!

Looking forward to seeing more!

You can say that again my friend! :P1:

FLSM
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Today was another painting session. During the week I had built the front section of the engines.
So it was a base coat of flat white, then a coat of gloss white, followed by silver for the turbine blades and silver with some gun metal added for the engine fronts

and I added the scratch built mid band receiver antennas to the tail

more to come in the next few days...

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Re: Revell 1/32 F-4G Review & Build- update 11/17 (pg.15)

Post by Duke Maddog »

Still looking great! Most impressive work!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Mark. I'll be bringing it to IPMS tonite if you want to have a better look.

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Excellent! I'll see you there.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Return to “Product Previews & Reviews”