An Invitation

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
mustang1989

Re: An Invitation

Post by mustang1989 »

Man I hate seein' stuff like this in a place that we enjoy. I'm not a moderator but I have been a leader and I feel that stuff like this needs to be dealt with and resolved out of the mainstream. No hating going on here just courtesy one way or the other. You guys are all ok to me and this can be worked out.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Jim, I don't know anybody here that does not want to improve. To make the next build just a bit better than the last. And wether we build to escape from everyday life, for some passion to produce the next prize winner, or some combination of the two, we all have our own path to get there.

Mustang, as a Mod here, I am trying to walk that fine line between keeping a debate civil, trying not to act like some folks we know on other sites who get heavy handed when a topic is contentious, and provide some input to the debate as well. But believe me, more mods are watching these threads than just myself.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
tigrazor
Addicted Member

Post by tigrazor »

JimD wrote:Fosters is pretty good. I'll give you that.
Yep, indeed, had one or two of them when I spent some months in Australia - great days!

Not so great is the partly unconstructive way of conversation here. I hope you understand and dont feel offended when I lock it now, before this - imo - useless conversation will become a neverending story. If you have questions and/or thoughts, feel free to contact me.

Nice evening evryone.
"Did you really pay a big amount of money for only half a figure?!"

FB: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002809527929
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

JimD wrote:Ok folks, hopefully I see more of you there. We've had more substantive posting and conversation in the past 48 hours than this place has had in months. It's great and as much as I've tried to hang around even with the lack of interaction and the very obvious attitude change toward me by some since finding some success in the hobby I just am not doing it anymore. When your threads ate getting shut down because a bunch of overly sensitive entitled whiny babies don't like you're opinions...well you become like other forums. And frankly, there's no incentive to be here anymore. Congratulations though.
Thanks Tigrazor for locking this.

Jim, maybe you once will find a place that recognizes you having the only truth about how a forum / Facebook site / Blog or modelling alltogether should be run. All people involved in this and the other thread have shown a level of patience and calmness you barely would find anywhere else. You are looking for a place that's major aim is to feed the posts with critique and critique only? A place that fills your hunger to improve ones skills to eternity? Well, you found it on Facebook.

This place here is not the most large one. It also has not the massive traffic you are hungry for. But it is run in peace and respect, irrespective of a member´s skills or inclination (or lack of) to improve. Nobody here turned against you, but for you yourself. What did you want us to do? To ban you immediately after making promotion for your new place on Facebook? This did not happen here. Freedom of speech. Tolerance. What´s the return from you? Defamation.

This thread has been shut down for good. Nobody has fun reading nonsense from a real overly sensitive whiny baby. Good luck with your new enterprise!

Thomas
Admin

Return to “Modeling Discussion”