1/48 Hasegawa Ju-87 B-2 Stuka

"Fighters of the Reich," which will include ALL aircraft served and designed (missed production, aka Luft 46) of the Luftwaffe during WWII.
Handiabled
Master Member

Re: 1/48 Hasegawa Ju-87 B-2 Stuka

Post by Handiabled »

Looks as you have this one under control Joe, Looking AWESOME so far.. Stuka build huh? Tempting........ ;)
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Ok folks, its been a while since I posted anything on here update wise. Things have been coming together for this thing and gotta start posting. Here she is after gluing the fuselage to the wings which overall fit surprisingly well on top. The bottom was a mess and required ALOT of sanding and resribing panel lines.

Here she is buttoned up and ready for primer.....

and finally after the priming and off to pre-shading!!

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Well, ex-stuka me! Looks like a stuka, must be a stuka. nice so far.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Thanks Lyle and Jimmy! I'll post a couple more pics over the weekend that'll show a little more progression.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

32nd scale Stuka?? Man Jimmy I hope you've got a big display area cause this sucker's gonna take it all!! lol

Fit issues with the 1/48 Stuka you ask. On the fuselage halve side of the house it's ok. On the wing to fuselage side .............pure hell! I mean I got through it but if you find sanding and stuff like that theraputic then this is the kit for you pal! lol
The most problem it dealt me was at the rear of the wing to fuselage fit at the centerline. Good god!! It was pathetic! No pics cuz I was so pissed off at the time I just wanted that part of the build behind me so off to sanding and re-applying panel lines it was...............
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Started on the splinter camo on the L/H upper wing area. I'm taking my time with this paint job. I just have to avoid messing this up at all costs.

and then starting on the fuselage and paint to finish on the starboard wing:

So far so nothings gone wrong..........fingers crossed! lol
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

That looks very, very nice. If I send you my stuff will you paint it?
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
pzl66
Master Member

Post by pzl66 »

Joe you always manage to make my jaw drop with your builds! dont mind the drool on the work bench.
Messerschmitt 109 Addict

Return to “Fighters of the Reich GB”